Is it safe to live in Curitba what is the cost

to rent an apt for two?

what is the cost to rent an apt for two? Is curtiba safe?

Obviously anywhere in Brazil is going to have a bit more crime than you're used to in the USA, but if you read "A Gringo's Survival Guide to Brazil" and religiously follow all the safety tips I've included you will probably never have any unpleasant experiences here.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=107384

I've been living here for over eleven years now, in various large cities and never once had any problem.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Curitiba is one of the safest capital cities but it has some risks. Here are the rules to keep safe:

1. NEVER EVER EVER go out on a day when there's a soccer game between the Teams "CORITIBA" (or "COXA) and "ATLETICO PARANAENSE". this game is commonly called "ATLETIBA". People who roots for these teams can get very violent and very drunk, which is a terrible combination. Avoind the bus and any bars, pubs.
2. Don't go to the "vilas", the poorer neighborhods. they are the equivalent in Curitiba to the favelas in Rio or São Paulo.
3. Avoind hanging around near shopping centers on sundays: on sunday the bus ticket is R$1,00 and the people from the 'vilas', including some pickpocketers come downtown, mostly around shopping centers. Inside the mall it's safe, just avoid smoking and hanging around outside for too long.
4. Don't go to a bar during CORITIBA and ATLETICO games. Seriously, I can't stess this enough.
5. At night, don't walk downtown, especially around the cathedral, there are some homeless people there who sometimes use crack.

Follow this instructions and you'll be fine.