Getting married in tunisia and would be grateful for advise

Me and my future husband are due to marry soon

I understand I need the following documents for my self: Certificate of no impediment, a new copy of my full birth certificate 
(no longer than 3 weeks old) a copy of my passport and a doctors certificate of clean health from a Tunisian Doctor.

I believe my partner needs to provide me with a birth certificate and copy of passport and his Tunisian id card and a doctors certificate of clean health.

I would like to be informed on what I do now, I understand I need some documents translated but would like to be advised exactly what ones and to what language/languages.

Do I then take the documents after they have been translated to the consular section? or to I get them translated there and then I will receive a document stating that I have provided the correct information and that our wedding can go ahead? or is this the british embassey?

I don't know where I can get these papers translated, I don't know exactly where I am too book an appointment to hand these documents in to receive the document that sates its OK for our wedding to go ahead.

Any advice appreciated :)

Hi missaxob,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Regards,

David.

hey,

I am in a similar position as yourself. If you get any answers can you let me know and vice versa?

Good luck with your wedding!

I got married in Tunisia 6 months ago..the papers i had to provide were in English so they had to be translated into arabic..depends where you live but there are plenty of translators around especially in Tunis..look on the web for one in your area..you have to pay for this service..once we had this done we made an appointment to see the marriage celebrant at the local municipality building..he advised us about where to go for our health check ,,after that was done and we returned the clean bill of health..we did have a few hassles as but got it sorted step by step..i suggest if you're unsure make an appointment to c the marriage celebrant he will point you in the right direction..best of luck!

Hello I was reading your post and you finally got married in Tunis so it all went great ...can you give me more detail ..I know I need to translate the documents now my concern is about the witnesses of the wedding must they be family or it could be anyone I dont have family to go to that country ..

hello ..no it can be anyone..but they must present and id card before the day of the wedding ..at least that is what was required of our witnesses....no we didn't get married in tunis..we married in medinine..but since the revolution things are up in the air as far as what is law and so on..and you will find if you go to different municipalities you will be give differing advice..the most frustrating thing we came up against..so my advice again is go to the municipality building you are planning to get married at..and ask for all the advice you need..try not to stress it will all fall into place as these things do..when are you planning on getting married..i wish you the best..are you planning on living in Tunisia...and do you speak french or arabic..as that has been tough for me ..not talking the language...but i am really good at sign language now..hehe...