Do tourist only stay in the San Juan area?

Hello,

I am thinking of purchasing an investment property in Puerto Rico. My criteria is as follows (in order from must haves to would be nice): Area where people are looking to rent all times of the year (by the week or month), At least 2 bedrooms, Prefer a walk to the Beach but a short drive is still possible, Nothing over $275K, nightlife activity in the area (like local bars or something).

So, my question would be, what cities should I look in? When tourist come to Puerto Rico do they mainly stay in the San Juan area? A friend from Puerto Rico told me to look for a place in Ricon, Isabela, and Aguadilla. He said that is where the surfers go. But wouldn't this narrow my potential customers to ONLY surfers and ONLY people looking during a certain time of the year?

My hopes is to find a place I can rent out 80 - 90% of the year. This would mean I need an area that people are always trying to visit I suppose.

Also does anyone know of any property management companies? or good websites for purchasing a house. All the websites I have seen only have like four pictures. I would like to find an agent that will send me pictures of places that meet my criteria and I select 5 or 6. Then book a flight and go check them out in person all in one week and decide on the place that fits me/my customers best.

Check Out Dorado Puerto Rico. Many vacation/executive rental properties here.

Dorado is a very good place to check. Also Palmas Del Mar in Humacao on the eastern coast. Look them up on the web to see what each has to offer. I personally would lean a little more toward Palmas Del Mar but that's only because I'm a little more familiar with it.

Palmas del Mar is excellent based on my personal experience.