SOS~~one question about the local school policy ,or local law

I am a expatriate, my child is studying in a local primary school in pre-primary class, we paid the book material fee for the whole year 2013 . now ,i want transfer to another school which is much suit my baby, but the school headteacher forced me pay the school fee for the rest of 2013 (6mouths rest~~God bless me) even though we don't go to their school anymore, otherwise ,they will complain to immigration office . that really scared me~~~, but half years' school fee is a big deal for my understanding for i won't take any benefit from school in the coming months,why should i pay responsibility which doesn't belongs to me? Is that legal for the school?

firstly ,i really respect to everybody in this beautiful island, i am legal person, i don't wanna make conflict  with anybody, i don't wanna make troubles. so ,if the law in Mauritius says i must pay, okay, i will, but if not, i don't wanna be cheated ,that's not fear!

thank you in advance

Hello happy_cat.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hope you'll get some advices from other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Happy Cat,

Did you sign a contract prior to admission? If so, what does it state?
What are the rule and regulations regarding school fees?
If you are not sure, I suggest you contact an officer from the Ministry of Education at the MITD House, Phoenix.

There is no need to be scared. You have the right to know if you are being cheated or not. :)

thank you.