Mobile phone..

Hi .. does anyone know how I can obtain a mobile phone contract without an ID card.. but I do have a maltese bank acc set up?

Thanks

Amy

Go will do it - some friends of mine got theirs no problem. passports and lease thats all. Maybe a credit card might be requested.

Vodafone will also do it, but charge a deposit depending on the phone. After a year you get this back as a credit onto your bill.

Cool.. I went to Vodafone earlier they wouldn't help me at all as I had no ID card. i will try GO over the weekend.. Thanks guys

Amy1101 wrote:

Cool.. I went to Vodafone earlier they wouldn't help me at all as I had no ID card. i will try GO over the weekend.. Thanks guys

They've either changed the rules or can't be bothered with the paperwork. They definitely allowed me 2 years ago, 3 months before I got my ID card.

Melita has done it for us without an ID card. Had to pay a deposit, show a rental contract, passport and credit card.

I also got an Hybrid Plan (Total Control €15) for my partner with a free smart phone from Melita, without ID card or Maltese bank account. Maybe was possible coz I have previously paid €200 deposit to have Net/Tel/TV installed in my apartment.

Hi I have Vodofone Irish mobile.
Can I purchase a Sim card in Malta to use it there.
Its pre-paid top-up. Also have Tesco's mobile can I change the Sim card for that also.Any network would do.
As Vodofone have stopped people from getting top-ups in Malta in shops.
I'm certain they have stopped all pre-payed tops in shops up since March 30th.As bought a top-up in a shop in May and after the hour its suppose to be topped up. It wasn't so lost 10euro
They only way is if you have credit card to top up bank or on-line.
But still needing a credit card.
Which one will not carry.
Or is it best to just buy a pre-paid mobile in Malta.
Any help be great.

Cheers MC

Hi MalteseCross,

If your mobile phone is unlocked to all networks, you can easily buy a pay as you go sim card in Malta and use it with your mobile over here, that's what I did. I don't know about Vodafone, but I bought a Melita pay as you go sim that cost me 10€ and I paid another 10€ to top it up. If you top up with 10€ all the time, all calls to any Maltese networks, will cost you 10c per min and all calls to Melita's mobile or landline, are free.

Hope it helps!

Cheerio, Antonio

Hi All,

Just been following this thread as it's something we need to sort out when we get there. May just go with the PAYG for now until we settle into permanent accomodation then get a complete bundle from Melita.

Ken

Thanks Mantonas
My phone is locked so went on to the Vodafone website.
Fill out a form and gave them my number email and the IMEI number under the battery. They asked why I wanted it unlocked, so there was three options to choose from. So picked am going abroad.
It suppose to take from eight to eleven days to unlock.
Wait in hope.

Cheers MC

That's right MC, I have done that before was well. It will take few days for you to have the phone unlocked. Normally they'll do it by request after some time you have the phone or if you reached a certain amount in top ups.

Good luck!

Antonio