EXPAT MEET UP MARCH 2010

Guys,
I have put this post well in advance so that we can have more expats and plan for next meet up. I suggest the date on Sat 20th March. If this date is okay with you guys we can then decide on the place and theme.

I hope to see more expats this time and have more fun.

Cheers!!!
Terence

I guess make a barbeque night out till late somewhere but need alot of planning and contribution in advance font know how it can work out but discussion open for everyone :-)

Barbecue is a good idea. I would suggest to make it a bring and share kind of event. Only trouble is finding the barbecue itself....

We can go either way. We can either get our own booze and food or someone organizes and we pay our share upfront. But lets have something private and not in a bar or resturant. It could either be on a beach or private lawn.

I hav barbeque :-))))))

"Bring and share" is more simple. I also have a bbq if needed ;)

I suggest we start early in the afternoon this way everybody could participate.

It would be a great idea ....
Just need to know in which area it would be...

can we make it the 13th or is it too early? i might not be in the country on the 20th....

Bring and share is easier.

Thats a great idea!
Please count us in and our two friends :)

The initiator of the post, Terence, said it would be on the 20th of March. So let's stick on it! It's not possible to accommodate everybody... there will always be people either out of the country or just busy on a specific date.

For us the 20th would be ok I suppose. Hubbie is arriving on the 19th.

The important point at this stage is to know where and at what time. For the rest, it's only logistics for each individual or group, no?

Arlette

We fix the date as 20th Mar and the theme as " Barbecue- Bring and Share". Now lets suggest on some places and fix it. I suggest it should be in the north as most of us stay there,but I am open to any place.

North some1 has to cal home if any 1 has a good beach house else need to take a beach bunglow on rent for a night more suggestion invited ......

Not much going on here! Beach bungalow would be perfect but I guess that we could stick to the public beach ?

Actually but which 1suggestions la couvete behind God father ????

Hello

I'm on, can't wait to meet u !!!
For me there is no problem for the location
I can also bring a barbeque if needed...

Time and place on the 20 march?

Veruska

best of luck for your Barbecue- Bring and Share on the 20th guys...
i miss my island so much man.. miss the parties... am an expat in Libya.. and i can tell you .. you are very lucky to b there.. here where am . theres only sand!!!with no booze... !! enjoy ...
xxx

Melessia,

I suggest that you take a decision on the place and the time so that we can go forward to take the count for expats and the number of barbecues can then be determined.
I dont know much about the beaches in the north but I feel that Grand Baie is too crowded. It could be either Trou aux beaches, Moint Choicey or Perry bere. I am sure you may be aware of the right spot so please go ahead and decide.

Cheers!!!
Terence

We could rent a private catamaran out of Grand Baie for about 9000rs for 3 hours. We did it for my friends party and it was great. It would cost about 300rs per person. Just an idea..

I suggest Mont Choisy.

Plz analyze everything there will b no services what time to start what time to finish where to sit food drinks water is it safe ????? Music ????? I mean u need everything to enjoy now whoso ever  comes for the party shd not leave before it shd b a syncronized event everyone shd come at same time n stays back till everyone is there so I suggest go for a beach bungalow or as suggested catamaron plz if any1 having a good beach villa n ready to give the garden will n best I guess. More suggestions welcome .........cheers
Vishal

If we do it at Mont Choisy my house is 500 meters. I have a BBQ connected to propane.

I also vote for Mont Choisy, it's the easiest option.

What do you think about meeting around 12h on Club Med's side ? (closer to G bay)

I suggest we finalize the location and time latest by 14th Mar so the we can take things forward.

That's a good idea, Terence.

Tell me : what do you think of relaying the info regarding the Meet up on the French forum as well? I can take charge of that side for you, if you agree.

I had discussed this with Julian last month during our Feb expat meet and we both feel that they should join in too. The more the merrier . Infact a very interesting thing happened the last time we had a meet in Lambic bar. I had a very good conversation with a guy who did not speak English and I dont know French, but somehow we got along well.I dont recall his name but I am certainly looking forward in meeting him again.

FeeAcer wrote:

That's a good idea, Terence.

Tell me : what do you think of relaying the info regarding the Meet up on the French forum as well? I can take charge of that side for you, if you agree.

OK Terence,

There we go then. I'll inform them of the date in the first place and all the practical information as soon they're finalized.

Ok guys, Mont Choisy then and as Julian suggested we set the meeting near Club Med at 12pm. Pbrough, thanks for the BBQ offer.

Just a recap, its a bring and share event, so bring your food and drinks, plates, glasses etc...
Feel free to bring guitares, volley ball balloon, frisbee etc...;)

I have made a list according to the posts.

Please add your names (+ number of people you are coming with )if not yet on the list as we need to know the approximate number of people for barbecues.

Terence + 2
Vishal
Julien + 1
Melissa
Christina
FreeAcer
Nbridzsi + 3
Pbrough

Thanks Melissa, now that we have finalized every thing lets take the final count both of English and French forum. We also need a big  ice box with ice so that we dump all our beers and sodas in it. It would also be nice if some one can bring a battery operated music player, just for some music.

Ok I'm posting the details on the French forum. Btw, one BBQ will not be enough, so I said on the French side to bring equipment. I have 2 small BBQ (foldable).

FeeAcer wrote:

Ok I'm posting the details on the French forum. Btw, one BBQ will not be enough, so I said on the French side to bring equipment. I have 2 small BBQ (foldable).

Oh and a small reminder: Let's not forget our dustbin bag, so as to leave the place clean when we leave!

Hi there, I'm also in- plus one friend.  Looking forward to meeting you all.  Alta

Hi, would like to join you. Roma

roma wrote:

Hi, would like to join you. Roma

Hi Roma and welcome on Expat.com,

Will you be alone or accompanied?

Looking forward to meet you

Arlette

Hi guys,

I'm up for a meet up and a friend of mine wants to come too.

My wife and I (Shirley and Mark) are in. See you there.....

Sounds like fun people, I'm in too.

Scott

Ok here is an updated list :

Terence + 2
Vishal
Melissa
Julien & Christine
FreeAcer +2 + 1 child
Nbridzsi + 3
Pbrough
Catherinedp + 4 + 2 children
Muteen73 + 1 + 2 children
Sekoia + 2
Alta + 1
Roma
Nadia + 1
Markdc + 1
CanadiaNomad

it seems to be becoming a mega event :-) gear up guys we need proper planning now

Speaking of planning, I'm impressed!  You should start an events planning company ;-)

Should we talk about what to bring?  Don't want everyone bringing a salad.