Things to think about before moving to the Philippines

Recently on my site I have written articles about life here. Many write either sugar coated articles or doomsday type. Some of mine are harsh but true. Am I giving up and moving back to the U.S., no, but I am trying to tell it like it is.

visit americanindavao.com

Feel free to ask about anything I have not covered.

You are right that it can be tempting for some to write about living in the Philippines and err on either being too "hard sell" or pass on information that is just anecdotal.  Nothing compares to seeing it how it is and living there for months and years on. 

The cultural and societal difference between the Philippines and North America (or any developed nation at that) can just be overwhelming for somebody coming in from the cold.  Postings that present the harsh but true realities of living there should be construed as a invaluable service not only for the foreigner but also for the Filipinos he or she will get in contact with.

I miss the Philippines...Life abroad is comfortable but I'm always longing for home. Nothing beats traffic in the morning, nosey neighbors, smog, bad politics, and muslim extremists, hehe...

I read the website, cool inputs you have there.

Thanks to all of those people out there who thinks that my country rocks! And to those who don't, we want you to know that we're still working on it...it takes time to change the system, ya know...