Wants to open a business close to the beach

Hello I just subscribe to expat, we are planning to get retired and looking for a spot in DR., my husband wants to open a business  close to the beach, any sugestions?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I really suggest you open a new thread and ask your question. you will get far more responses that way and it doesn't get confused with this topic.

Thanks and again, welcome!

Hi argentina55,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Dominican Republic forum.

All the best,
Christine

argentina55 Welcome to the board. Have you been to the DR before? If so where are you planning on retiring to (we retired to the north coast area)? If not I suggest you come for a visit for a couple of months and do some exploring to see if the country "fits" for you.
Starting a business can be very hard and will take lots of time and effort, but can be done.
Again welcome and come and visit.

Bob K

Bob gives great advice,  come visit for several months. Look around and see what opportunities there may be. As a business consultant i can tell you it can be done but it takes work and some insight into how things work here.

Start by staying a few months, get to know an area,  travel to other areas for comparison!  talk to people like Bob who understands real estate really well.  There are many others here from various areas of the country who can help as well!

argentina55 wrote:

.... my husband wants to open a business  close to the beach, any sugestions?

No problem to find one for sale.
But wait, that should make you think... :rolleyes:
All the best.

m'frog

mountainfrog wrote:
argentina55 wrote:

.... my husband wants to open a business  close to the beach, any sugestions?

No problem to find one for sale.
But wait, that should make you think... :rolleyes:
All the best.

m'frog

How funny but how true

Bob K

ok maybe im missing something.  im new to these kinds of blogs.  didnt he start a new thread with "wants to open busines near beach"?

yes but this is an older thread. Your comments are welcome!

Our family owns three businesses in puerto plata. a tire shop, an engine machine shop and book store. I would buy an existing business if you could. It's tough.Thats how we did with the tire shop. the owner just did not try very hard and we bought it for taking over the bank loan