Hello Moving to KSA

Hi my name is Jen and my husband just accepted a job in Khamis Mushait. Anyone else live in that area that can tell me about it? We are looking to emerse ourselves in the culture and would appreciate suggestions on places to go things to see all over the country. We are both seasoned travelers and have lived in several countries; were very excited for our new adventure to come!

Thanks!

Jen

Hello Jen,

welcome to Expat.com!

Best of luck in your moving :)

Francesca

Thanks!

khamis mushayt is beautiful region.
its near to abha

its climate is very pleasant.
many people from jeddah and other cities travel in the winters to see the occasional snowfall.

well, since its a small city, it doesn't have too many malls, restaurants recreational facilities etc.

anyways you are most welcome to Saudi Arabia
have a pleasant stay

How much is the offer? Have you considered the costs?

The best thing you can do is living in a compound in khamis mushait,nassim and sarawat compound, villa shakar compound are among the best. swimming pool, recreationl areas... u have a also the neighboring city abha which is very beautiful and has a very good wheather, from the airport in Abhau can book a ticket to Jeddah on a weeked trip with ur husband...don't worry u will manage to have some expat friends in those compounds during the week.weekends are open to many suggestions...tickets, restos,leisure are too less cheap than other countries and that's why u have the opportunity not to stay in a 4 walls all the time!

hi, we have just moved to Jeddah nlokking for  nice n neat apartment of5rooms in good areas like rawdah, salama and Zahra districts or portion of villa with  5 rooms ranging between45k-50k

please check weekly leaflets like Osbooiya, Waseela or check their website
there are hundreds of ads for Villas, apartments for rent

last option is to drive around the area and look out for vacant villas or flats but its too tiring