Possibly Moving to Beirut Fall of 2010

I am a retired USA citizen currently living in Istanbul for the last 8 months. There is a possibility I will be moving to Beirut this coming fall.

I have a long career in IT large computer systems development, full system installation, modification, consulting and troubleshooting including simple and complex management of short-term AND long-term projects, hands-on programming and debugging. And ... everything in between. 

While I am retired, I am passionate about this kind of work and miss it very much.  I have skills and experience in other disciplines, as well:  (self-taught) photographer & graphic artist/designer, Photoshop expert, Customer Services (all levels, including management), and supply chain manufacturing (general manager manufacturing company), fashion industry:  fashion designer and consultant, model management/promotion.

I enjoy many leasure activities -yet,  I miss being productive using my varied skills and natural talents -and the many years of experience and successes.  I am wondering what the chances are for finding meaningful work in Beirut should I decide to come out of my retirement -either part-time or full time.  Doesn't matter. PRODUCING SUCCESS is what I am seeking to do again.  Earning money would be great, but it is not my motivator.  Does anyone know of any good placement agencies I might direct my attention?  If so, I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks.

Hi there,
You may find it fulfilling to offer classes in some of your skills such as photography, graphic design, IT, photoshop. It may be easier to find work this way than actual posts working for a company. I would have thought many Lebanese would be interested in learning from an American in these domains. Hope it works out for you.
Georgia @ gingerbeirut.com