Public transport

does anyone know the schedule and routes of public transport buses in riyadh ?...

ahd, there are two types of public transportation within the city of Riyadh. One, run by SAPTCO (Saudi Public Transportation Company) and the other run by private bus operators. The former run some sleek tourist coach type buses with the SAPTCO label clearly indicated on the sides while the latter constitute a plethora of Toyota Coaster buses that would never be allowed on the back alleys of many third world nations, sadly.

The fare within the city is SR 2 from any poin to any point, irrespective of distance, for both options.

The routes that I am aware of are as follows:-

1. BATHA to DALLAH, plying from the south along Dabab Street and then moving on to Olaya Road at the Makkah Road/Khurais Road intersection

2. BATHA to UMM AL HAMAM

3. BATHA to RAWDAH

There may be other routes too and I am sure others may be able t contribute  ther schedules if known.

As far as I am aware they do not follow a strict timetable schedule.

thanks musicman,i want  to go to olaya road moosa centre  actually where my institute is located ,i live near old airport road.

I did a quick search and came up with this:

http://www.saptco.com.sa/en/customer_co … _fares.asp

fares anywhere in the city are 2 riyals and hopefully this link will tell you the pickup points.

ahd, old aorport road starts in Batha and winds its way all along, about a good 25 km to the north. whereabouts old airport road are u located? I believe there is a bus service that plies from Batha all along Old Airport Road up to Thalatheen Street in Sulaimaniya.

I want to go Ikea-Riyadh, but don't know what bus should I take. Any help...

Is there any bus service or sharing taxi service from Batha to Al-Rahji Grand mosque, Eastern ring branch road(Exit 15)??

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1145 … 1188053972

@ skhan_be > Hello :) Please note that this is an old thread but thank you for your contribution. Regards. Karen :)