Need someone to work as a cashier for American Chinese Restaurant

Hello, we are currently looking for people to work as cashier work for a Chinese Restaurant. You must be able to speak a fair amount of English as most of our customers are foreigners.

There are two shifts. 1030 am to 5 pm  OR 4 pm to 1030 pm.
you will be paid 70.000 for 6.5 hours of work each day
. If you choose to do a full days work, we will pay you 160.000. We are located in Phu My Hung. 
If interested, please contact me at 01229783756.

Cheers,
John

jonsta27 wrote:

Hello, we are currently looking for people to work as cashier work for a Chinese Restaurant. You must be able to speak a fair amount of English as most of our customers are foreigners.

There are two shifts. 1030 am to 5 pm  OR 4 pm to 1030 pm.
you will be paid 70.000 for 6.5 hours of work each day
. If you choose to do a full days work, we will pay you 160.000. We are located in Phu My Hung. 
If interested, please contact me at 01229783756.

Cheers,
John

Better you should learn some labor laws of Vietnam and hours of work. What do you mean by full day? 10.30 am- 10.30pm? And 160,000 VND for 13 hours? Wow! If so, that's a great offer!

Ken Charma

160.000 for 13 hours is about 13.000 per hour ... I am so surprised! I don't know what you think about with that salary.

Even just doing volunteer I get paid at least 25.000 per hour.

That's a very good salary. My wife who has a 4 year degree and works as an .QA/QC officer only makes 5 million a month. With her work hours that is on 25,000 per hour.

Anna_Vo wrote:

160.000 for 13 hours is about 13.000 per hour ... I am so surprised! I don't know what you think about with that salary.

Even just doing volunteer I get paid at least 25.000 per hour.

It may sound low but just working 5 days a week it comes to 3.2 million per month, well above minimum wages which for HCMC is 2.38 million a month

I agree with Anna_vo,even my part-time job give me 150000vnd per hour.i can speak both English and chinese but the salary is so low.:D

sinia peach wrote:

I agree with Anna_vo,even my part-time job give me 150000vnd per hour.i can speak both English and chinese but the salary is so low.:D

How many hours a month do you work?

I work 12hours a week:D

VungTauDon wrote:
sinia peach wrote:

How many hours a month do you work?

i know i cant compare like that but the salary of the job is really low.that s my point

a low salary with the high require

I know several people who work 8 hour shifts who make only 50000 per day. These are girls who work in shoe and clothing stores

VungTauDon wrote:

I know several people who work 8 hour shifts who make only 50000 per day. These are girls who work in shoe and clothing stores

they are workers,right?if so why do people have to go to school?what is the difference between the people who go to school and who dont?

I don't understand what you mean. I'm not saying anything about school or not just making a point that the salary the guy is offering is not so bad compared to other jobs in the area. You on the other hand are doing quiet well comparativly

Thats a low salary, sure there are lower paying jobs, but its not a good salary for someone who can speak English.I paid more for a cleaner with no English 4 years ago. Seems like a cheap charlie to me, disgusting.

Cashier job is a risky and no-tip one unlike bartenders. According to his requirements and the type of business that offer is too cheap in the current HCMC job market. If they can speak English and have a degree, better stay home and teach children :D

Ken Charma

If the restaurant is in PMH and deals with a lot of foreigners then the prices they charge are mostly probably not at the lower end.

Let's imagine, those guys from western having to work 13 hours per day as well as using second language, Vietnamese, and get paid for 13.000 VND per hour... How many of you will take this job after long time studying foreign language...? Ha ha.

By the way, I have my own business, I need to hire foreigners, must be able to speak Vietnamese fluently because customers are billionaire Vietnamese, just work for 13 hours perday, I will pay double that salary (too good, right?) for you, who joint?

My fiance makes 5 mil working out of a factory with not even high school education.

But how hard can it be to work as a cashier? It's not like a supermarket cashier where you're constantly scanning items and ringing people out.

To be honest ........ Really... It's too...... Low wwwww salary !!!!!!

Hi John,

Could you please post your advert in the appropriate section = jobs in Ho Chi Minh City section?

Thank you.

The salary for the general workers is more than 3,000,000 VND (some allowance.

the working time is from 10:30 to 5 PM so it is not part time. So we can not compare with student cost. This is same as full time working. (nomoany it is 8 hours per day) but this shift is already 6.5 hours. So 2 other hours, we can do nothing.
Just consider on that and let thinking about salary to get a good candidate

My friend work before in a bar in district 1 as a manager he is a foreigner, he speaks english and he does almost everything in the bar. He get paid for 5,000,000vnd/month plus percent in every drink he can sell work hours is 8-10hrs/day night shift and 7x a week. So when you calculate it same as john's offer 160,000vnd/day or 6.5 hrs. He quit the job after his first salary due to locals attitude and ofcource the salary is very low, he serves also as the staff's english teacher.
But for me 160,000vnd/day is very low salary specially when you spend more than what you can earn. :) just kidding.

amemeqblanco wrote:

My friend work before in a bar in district 1 as a manager he is a foreigner, he speaks english and he does almost everything in the bar. He get paid for 5,000,000vnd/month plus percent in every drink he can sell work hours is 8-10hrs/day night shift and 7x a week. So when you calculate it same as john's offer 160,000vnd/day or 6.5 hrs. He quit the job after his first salary due to locals attitude and ofcource the salary is very low, he serves also as the staff's english teacher.
But for me 160,000vnd/day is very low salary specially when you spend more than what you can earn. :) just kidding.

When they hire foreigner need to pay more for same position. If locals can work same and can speak English why hesitate to give good salary?

Ken Charma

Closed