Wish to Introduce Myself.

Presently in Newport, Oregon but ready to bail out. After a lifetime of travel and now ready to make another move, the usual questions come to mind. I'll take advantage of all your past post and hope to meet some of you in the future. Bryan Z.

Hey Bryan,
Welcome. And who is that cutie on your knee?
I hope that you get as much good information from this site as  I have over the past year. There are many great contributors.
If you want to know all things dairy, give a shout out to Nards. ( actually, just about everything in Cuenca, I just like to pull his chain about the dairy )
Just settle in, and cruise the site. I'm sure any questions you have will have been covered in here.
Stay Well,
Neil

Hey Bryan,

Ecuador is in my future, too, although I'm about a year away at this point.

BTW, I will be salmon fishin' in Newport in about a week.  I'm a native Oregonian and have been proud of that for almost all of my life, although it's becoming harder and harder to remember why ... [Oregon has become just  another "state" in the union, and don't EVEN get me started on the "state of the union"]

Wish you the best ...!

Carlos  "ElGringoBueno"  :cool:

Welcome to the Expat.com.  We hail from Seattle WA.  Love Newport for Summer Vacations, Beautiful Coastline there!  Like the temperatures here better , about 70 to 85' year round.  We live in Bahia de Caraquez on the north central Coast.  Let me know if we can help in your adventure!
Enjoy Ecuador.
Living It and Loving It here in Bahia, Ecuador.
Charlie

Thanks for the gracious offer, going to focus the on the highlands, save the coast for my next trip down. I understand your city on the coast is probably the nicest to consider.
Appreciate the note.
Bryan

Born in Tacoma, lived in Gig harbor/Puyallup for years.

Bryan..good to see someone spell their name the same as I do.  ZenSpike is right on the money.  Him and many others here have been a tremendous source of info, Neil in particular. The key is read and research.  I am coming in Feb for 10 weeks for a hands on after over a year of research and reading.  Best of Luck
   Bryan

BZULAUF wrote:

Born in Tacoma, lived in Gig harbor/Puyallup for years.

There sure are a lot of Pacific NW folks here. Welcome, from another Tacoma native. I hail from that little row of houses on the water called Salmon Beach that you've probably seen on the drive from Gig Harbor to Tacoma. Small world.