Importing a motorcycle into Vietnam from the US or Canada

There is an age restriction in the importation. The taxes are out of this world as well. As Inrecall it can be no more than 5 years old.

Diazo wrote:

There is an age restriction in the importation.

No one over 65?   :D

What is "Out of this world" ?? thousands...tens of thousands??

Not sure where you live in the USA. But if you PM me I can give you the name of my shipper. They are very good and also the ones that gave me the info on shipping my Goldwing here. They could give you the accurate duty and the age restrictions on the bike. If you know the weight they could give you the shipping costs as well. I am just going on the recall of an aged brain, and it often does not serve me well!!!!

A used automobile can be imported into Vietnam, though import duties are high and the procedure is a complicated one. The present owner of the vehicle must be the original owner; if the automobile has changed ownership since the original title was issued, the vehicle cannot be imported into Vietnam. The vehicle must have been legally registered in the owner's home country for at least six months, have a minimum mileage of 10,000 Km and cannot be more than five years old. Although driving is on the right side of the road, vehicles equipped with the steering wheel on the right or left side may be imported into the country.

It is also possible to import a motorcycle into Vietnam if the engine size is 175 cc or greater. The procedures are the same as for importing an automobile. Import duties on motorcycles can easily be more than 100 percent of the value of the motorcycle.

Vehicles may enter the country through one of four ports: Cai Lan in Ha Long City, Hai Phong, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City. Vietnam Customs is in charge of the importation of any vehicle into Vietnam. The necessary application forms (as detailed below) can be downloaded from their website.

To import a vehicle into the country, the following documents will need to be supplied to Vietnam Customs:

An application form for importing an automobile into Vietnam (don de nghi nhap khau o to)
An automobile import licence (giay phep nhap khau)
A bill of lading (van tai don)
A customs declaration for export/import (to khai hai quan xuat/nhap khau)
A vehicle registration certificate (giay dang ky xe nuoc ngoai)
In addition, the owner of the vehicle will need to present the customs officer with:

A valid passport
A visa that is valid for at least three months
A valid work permit
A household registration book
Note: The household registration book must be issued by the Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam.

The Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam
At: 44 Yet Kieu, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Tel: (04) 06943647 / (04) 06941165
Once the vehicle arrives in Vietnam, it will need to be inspected by Vietnam Customs. A customs officer will check the automobile import licence, bill of lading, customs declaration for import/export, and conduct a physical inspection of the vehicle. The owner of the vehicle may request to see the vehicle before presenting it for inspection, but this process must be overseen by a customs officer. Import duties will need to be paid to Vietnam Customs before the vehicle can be released. Automobiles are assessed a Special Sales Tax of 50 percent or more on the value of the vehicle, unless the importer is of diplomatic status, in which case, the Special Sales Tax is waived.

what stop the marriage, I have girl that seems to lie a lot  she's on a power trip with her new job I'm thinking of giving her the flick and she's selfish as f big way

so its not worth importing a bike because of the trouble I will have to get it registered and legal in Vietnam?

I have no connection but a viet girlfriend I have cash as long as it doesn't exceed what I can buy a bike for in Vietnam   the 300cc bikes are around 300,000,000 4 times the price here in Australia

I went on their site and and could not see import forms can you offer more detail

I tried this. Speak with someone who deals with importof vehicles in the country you wish to ship from. A lot of limitation and a bunch of bucks to do it. It was not worth it to me.

Secondhand z1000 goes about 220.000.000+ Z800 you can find 180.000.000,

Im thinking getting myself 250cc motocross from China, think I need to spend 1700usd plus shipping around 10.000.000, but it will never be legal ;)

Hello. May I contact you for more information???

Sure. But there are probably more knowing then I am on the subject. I could put you in contact with my shipper in the USA. He knows everything there is to know.

Diazo wrote:

Sure. But there are probably more knowing then I am on the subject. I could put you in contact with my shipper in the USA. He knows everything there is to know.

I think she wants to talk to Waldo... 😉

Oh...my bad. It was sent to me.

Diazo wrote:

Oh...my bad. It was sent to me.

Well you see I don't know for sure. Because she didn't use the quote function. So who knows? I guess you got a notice because you're subscribed. Cheers!