Salary and Cost of Living

Dear,

Request your assistance in understanding the cost of living in Warsaw, Poland.

I have been offered a Job in Poland, Warsaw. Monthly Gross is 14K.

Questions:

1. Is the salary Good enough?
2. What is the cost of 1 bed room apartment for rent?
3. i have problem with my leg and cant walk a lot. Can i find     
   automatic cars customizable and disabled friendly in Poland?
4. Cost of travel, food ( This qustion probably an Indian can answer better)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Looking forward for some positive replies.

Regards,
Kumar

Dear Expats,

Request someone to throw some light on this.

Regards,
Bharat

Hi,

14K zloty currency I understand is it?
Warsaw is quite pricey when compared to other regions in Poland, but then you probably earn there most (so pretty much like with every other capital in the world).
14000 zloty brutto is about 10 K per hand (after taxes).
It's quite good salary, many people would consider it very good.
It all depends what you are used to and what are your expectations.
Definitely enough for comfortable living in Poland and saving up some too in case you're not partying every weekend.
1 bed apt. depends on location (more upmarket, less upmarket) and quality of finish / furniture it can be from 1500 zl to 3000 zl (of course I exclude extremely poor and extremely luxurious flats, as they would be cheaper and more expensive than my price brackets above). I think you should have no issues finding nice and comfy apartment for about 2000.

There are many companies who do customized / car conversions for disabled people. I would need to research bit more, but definitely possible to get such car, cannot advise exact cost, but think it may cost couple thousands zloty or more to customize. Unless you just want automatic car then you can buy just from regular adverts, no need for any conversions.

Travel and food are quite expensive in Warsaw, but bit cheaper than in most western Europe. For example 1 ride bus ticket from 4 to 8 zloty, 30 day unlimited travel bus ticket about 200 zloty.
1 litre of milk about 3 zl, 1 bread about 4 zl, 1kg of good quality ham about 30 zl, 1 kg of good minced meat 15 zl.
These are prices for good quality, you can get worse quality bit cheaper than above.
Eating out it all depends again, indian / asian food cost about 40-70 zl per meal in restaurant and about 30 zl for take away. Good quality large pizza for delivery about 25-35 zl.

Hope this helps, your salary should allow good living there, most people earn less than that.