DIY Migration versus engaging an migration agent

Hi

I would like to ask for advice on the options of getting a visa to come to Australia to work.

I am an accountant with over 10 years of experience. I am considering getting a independent skilled migrant visa. I realize that it is almost impossible to get sponsored from here to come to Australia to work. Most sites mentioned that you must have a working visa.

I am considering to do it myself or getting an agent. I heard that the visa application is complex but i am not sure how difficult it is. Could anyone who has done it personally advise me on that?

The engagement of an agent is really expensive.

would really appreciate advice on this
thanks a lot

If you have a B.Comm you can fill in the migration forms.  They are complex, detailed and laborious but not impossible.  The key thing with diy migration forms is that you MUST include ALL the information.  If you're from Singapore you have some idea of what a strict government is like ... when it comes to migration forms - Australian immigration is the same!!!  I did my own forms and I had no problems but that is becoz i STRICTLY followed the advise that comes in the information pack.  You put together your migration application (visa application) like a high precision submission leaving NOTHING out.  If you do - your application is STOPPED while they write to you to supply the information you have left out and then your application goes back to the BOTTOM of the pile.  Don't think that you know better than the immigration process in Australia - it will not work and if you are either dishonest or leave information out because you are slack - it will come back to bite you!  But it is a process and, if you are a skilled migrant worker, you are welcomed in Australia under the current government.  So get your pack and photocopy the form, the fill in the photocopied form in colour pen, HIGHLIGHT the sections you leave out so you can go back to them, use post it notes and coloured sticky tabs.  Get all your certificates, degrees, diplomas and other personal information out of filing and have it all ready to add as and when you are asked to do so with your forms.  When I did it I needed certified copies of various information.  Depending on what the forms are like now (because they constantly change) ... you might need a police clearance certificate, X-rays, blood tests.  Although those might be required further down the track.  If you do not have enough space to write on the form, type up an addendum to the questions and clearly mark this (as you would for your Masters degree or similar submission).  Be CLEAR and PRECISE.  There are check marks to make that you have all information (photocopy that too).  ONCE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR INFORMATION GATHERED IN ONE PLACE ... then begin to fill in your immigration forms - the original - in BLACK PEN.

Hope this helps you ... if you make a mistake - you must initial or sign any changes ... as this is a legal document.  There are CLEAR instructions in the information pack. 
Don't forget that Singapore makes it really difficult for foreigners to get in there ... so don't get miffed if it's difficult to get into Australia. 

Good Luck.

Hi Jesline,

You are in the same position as me, I am thinking of completing the application myself instead of engaging a migration agent.

For me it seems that the easiest route would be to complete the form online and submit it that way, but not sure yet how this works interms of submitting certified copies of documents.

Regards, DJP

Nice Post Thanks

[link removed: no free ads here, please]

Hi DJP and Jesline... I'm in the same position than both of you... so I wonder if someone of you know the web page link where I can found the Application Form? I'd like to apply by myself too instead to do it through an imigration agent.