Job offer in Malaysia, Johor Baharu

Hi eveyone...

i got job in malaysia johor baharu...
i am electrical engineer from india...
they are offering me salary of 1800 USD per month..is this salary is sufficient to stay in malaysia...?they are offering me room and vehicle facility..

and also i need to know about the tax per month?

please could any one reply me...

i am waiting for your reply.............

thanks in advance.......

Hello pradee.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For more visibility, a new thread has been created from your message on the Johor Baharu forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

i don't think it is sufficient enough. The cost of living in Johor Bahru is high.

Please consider

Regards

Jaya

I would say it is enough since your company already provided you with all the basic needs (accommodation and transportation). The most highest expenses is the accommodation and it already covered by your company.

With the salary of 1800 USD, you can life moderately here. I would say, 300 USD for your food is enough (of course not the restaurant meal every meal). You can consider home cook for cost saving.

You need to ask yourself with several questions
1. How much do you want to save per months?
2. What is the life you want to be in Johor?
3. How often you want to back to India (Does your company provide you with the flight thicket?)
4. How much is the taxation for the foreigner in Malaysia?

After deducting all those expenses and saving, you will know you should come to Johor or not. Bare in mind, Johor is near Singapore. If you work in Johor Bahru, for sure you will go Singapore maybe several times in a months. This could also count as one of your entertainment monthly budget. And you need to control it wisely. Else, you gain nothing in Johor besides working experience.

Working as expatriate is a good experience. But, you need to control your life and your expenses in people's country! With salary of 1800 USD, I would say it is enough. But you need to set your budget and follow it strictly!

Hope my few cents will give you some idea on your decision making. Good luck and all the best in your future!

August Choong wrote:

I would say it is enough since your company already provided you with all the basic needs (accommodation and transportation). The most highest expenses is the accommodation and it already covered by your company.

With the salary of 1800 USD, you can life moderately here. I would say, 300 USD for your food is enough (of course not the restaurant meal every meal). You can consider home cook for cost saving.

You need to ask yourself with several questions
1. How much do you want to save per months?
2. What is the life you want to be in Johor?
3. How often you want to back to India (Does your company provide you with the flight thicket?)
4. How much is the taxation for the foreigner in Malaysia?

After deducting all those expenses and saving, you will know you should come to Johor or not. Bare in mind, Johor is near Singapore. If you work in Johor Bahru, for sure you will go Singapore maybe several times in a months. This could also count as one of your entertainment monthly budget. And you need to control it wisely. Else, you gain nothing in Johor besides working experience.

Working as expatriate is a good experience. But, you need to control your life and your expenses in people's country! With salary of 1800 USD, I would say it is enough. But you need to set your budget and follow it strictly!

Hope my few cents will give you some idea on your decision making. Good luck and all the best in your future!

+1

Lots of local people is earning less than 1000usd. Since they can, there shouldnt be problem to you. Its all very much depends on your own spending habits. Cheers

johor is not a secured place
especially after 6 pm
please consider the safety of your life rather then the money.