How hard is it to get ANY job in Malta?

I am planning to move to Malta for about a year. I am nearly 22 and I always wanted to stay somewhere like Malta for a bit. I shall be leaving my current job as a junior technician. Ideally I would like the same or similar job while I am in Malta but I know that it might not be possible especially straight away. What I want to know is how hard is it to get even a minimum wage job in Malta. I am from the UK so therefore am an EU citizen so no VISA needed so that shouldn't be a problem. I am really worried though about being unemployed for a long time. Ideally I want to be at work (any work) by the end of the 1st week or the beginning of the 2nd week if possible. Am I being realistic here or are my expectations too high do you think? Thanks in advance guys.

'Junior Technician' of what exactly?
I was one once, it is a rank in the RAF.:)
I suggest you read all the other posts on this subject.

it may well be that you might be able to qualify for three months of job seekers allowances if you fulfil the criteria as a seeker of a job here. you must however go to job centre in uk and complete the forms then as soon as you arrive here (within 7 days) register for work at the job centre here too. every little helps. its worth making the enquiry.

why are you leaving your current role.