Buying a small business in Malta

Hi All, Can anyone provide me with information on moving to Malta from the UK with my wife. & buying a small business we have funds but will need accommodation we were in Malta a long time ago on holiday but do realise that things have changed & not all for the better.
We are so fed up of cold weather & the way of life here in the UK so any info will be gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards
Paul & Mandy

Bongu :)

I would suggest looking around the relevant sections on this forum to get a general idea of how things are. That may then help you narrow down the questions you may want to ask. That way you will then get very specific answers.
In the meantime if you are both UK citizens then moving is very easy. For renting look at the Hints and Tips post further down, particularly regarding electricity and water services.
I am sure that Ricky et al will be able to give you very sound advice. I found our own accommodation and negotiated with our landlady (a gem) rather than use an agent.
There are areas on Malta which are very heavily congested, traffic wise and overdeveloped, property wise, so much will depend upon where your business would be located.
Good luck.

PS. I've also noted that Malta is not the only country you are thinking of. Is Cambodia now off your list?

The classifieds in The Sunday Times (the Malti version) has a section of businesses for sale.  You can access this online :D

Accommodation, we are just going through this part of relocation.  We have taken a holiday rental while we find a suitable property. 

Penny :D

Hi Bongu, Thank you for the reply.
Cambodia is off my list after looking in to it I found that it was not safe enough for me.
I am happy to move anywhere that is safe & has a warm climate, I am also sick of driving many miles each day as I run a company delivering vehicles throughout the UK after 30 years I want to buy a small business that me & my wife can run between us, it is more about life work balance rather than profit, we would also consider working for someone but we both do not have any professional skills so understand that job hunting would be very difficult if not impossible.
We would like to live in a community where we can play a part socially with xpats & locals alike

Thank you Sillypenny I will try to have a look.

Paul

May I suggest that you have a look through the thread linked below?
Good luck.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=160556