Moving to Kuwait...

Hey all, my name is Michelle. I'm 25 and a teacher from South Africa. Will be moving to Kuwait in August. How's life that side???

Kind regards
Michelle

qyuite boring michelle when u got no friends

Vinay come on man, be positive, dont depress the people before they even get a chance to get to Kuwait -.-

greetings michelle and welcome to Kuwait (in advance), u will find that Kuwait has a lot to offer depending on your efforts, how outgoing you are, sociable etc.

at first glance, yes u will find it strange to adapt to the customs and traditions here, but once u get past it, and mingle with like minded expats, u'll find kuwait to be a lot more pleasant.

there are several sites that will familiarize u with whats happening in "K-Town", the top being:

grapevinekuwait.om
meetup.com
abcq8.com

check em out and u'll know where everything is going down.

enjoy

Hi Michelle!

I will be moving to Kuwait in August as well for teaching.  I'm quite nervous about the whole experience...

I'm also moving over from Scotland and looking forward to it, you will enjoy it once you have settled in and made some friends and joined a few clubs - good luck with the move.

bill

I'm also quite nervous myself, making new friends seem to have made things a bit better for me. Add me on facebook Michelle Andrea Sidonie. Looking forward to get to know you.

its not bad peeps, trust me :) it takes a little getting used to, but pretty soon u'll pick up a few words of Arabic and be fully self sufficient, if not just depend on your friends who can speak Arabic and u'll be alright! + the majority of the population speaks a form of English, so long as u dont mind talking very slowly!

Hi MichelleSidonie,bettes87 and pafosbill.I have many friends who are teachers here from SA,Scotland,Irish,US and canada.They are having good time here.Of course its not perfect but you will save good money and that is the main goal for most of the teachers here.;)

Moo totally right,move to other country,it great experience and maybe will not easy from first,but with time u become used. good luck!

Well Michelle, First of all welcome in Kuwait.
Now you can tell yourself how life is here, if you think it's not boring then please tell me what are you doing not to feel that  :/