Hoping to retire in Chiang Mai

Hi! I am new at this ,so i will make it short and sweet ! I am from Nampa, Idaho in the U.S. and my husband and I are hoping to retire in Chiang Mai Thailand in a few years.

Hi idahosue,

Nice move to joint this site, i am sure you will like it.

Welcome aboard :).

Cheers,
MO.

Hi idahosue,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have moved your topic on the Chiang Mai forum. ;)

Hi Idahosue,

We moved here to Chiang Mai last August from Bozeman MT. I work abroad. Let me know if you need any info.

John and Summer

Indeed best choice

Dear all

This site is very good, I have learnt (and will hopefully continue to learn) a lot.

I am visiting again (23rd time) this coming November for a couple of months, then hopefully retire in Chiang Mai towards the end of 2014.

Howie

Hi,
First of all, have you been to Chiang Mai? There are a lot of farangs living in Chiang Mai. My greatest advice would be to visit the place and have a gander at what there is here and in the surrounding areas. Condos are very plentiful here as are gated villages. There is a new airport slated to be built down past Sangkanpaeng off Hwy.1317. This place is growing quite fast for sure. I hope this helps a little with this info.  Norman

welcome to the Chiang mai,this is the best city for retire!!!

yanfeiwu wrote:

welcome to the Chiang mai,this is the best city for retire!!!

I think that depends on the individual and what they are seeking.

Hmm, seems that all the "top ten places to retire" have put people onto the scent of Chiang Mai. It appears there are lots of folks that make plans to retire someplace they have never been, then are disappointed upon arrival. My advice, spend some time in Thailand, travel around, see the sights, spend some time in Chiang Mai, THEN decide whether you are going to move there or not. Mis dos centavos...