Cooking at home or eating out ?

As part of my expatriation to Taiwan, I am looking for accommodation in Taipei. While looking through peers to peers networks, I found some correct flat not too expansive.

But the problem is : very few of these are equipped with a kitchen, many of these have just a fridge and a microwave and sometime even nothing. And it is often marked "No cocking allowed". I have learned that Taiwanese people (especially those who lives alone) are used to eat out because prices are low and markets are open all night long. But the idea of not being able to cook at home... I'm scared :mad: !

I would like to have your experience of that particular aspect of the "daily life" in Taiwan.

Thank you !

HI, I am a White-collar in Taipei, as I know that many colleagues who live alone always eat out, just you said prices is not expensive, more important is that's cheaper than cook at home and very convenient! Especially they live alone.

Hi,

when will you move to taipei?

IŽm mooving there next year so some I would need  some kind of help with basic things... house, prices, food out or in... I dont know were to start...:)

bye bye

Hello n22k -> Do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Taipei forum with your questions. This will allow better interaction. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

ok...thanks :)

It's very easy and cheap to eat outside ! There is actually a lot of apt with no kitchen at all !!