Help finding relative, urgent

Hi, I am Pankaj and please treat this as a urgent request.

I am here to seek some help finding my fiance's (Tin's) grandmom.
The problem is Tin has undergone intensive Chemotherapy sessions as she is a stage 4 blood cancer patient.
So her memories are, to say the least "Foggy", the technical term is "Chemo Brain".
Hence, I don't have full contact details of her grandma.

The doctors tell me Tin does not have very long to live, so I am trying to find her grandma asap. But I only have her name and a rough idea of her age

Her name is Jilian Lee Ang, aged 63/64 yrs, and she owns a chain of groceries / "Dry and Wet goods" stores in Guangzhou and possibly in Taiwan too.
My fiancee tells me her granny is quite famous in Guangzhou city, and it wont be a problem finding her. I am desperately clinging on to that.

It would be wonderful if you all would be so kind to ask your contacts/friends about her granny's contact information. Merely phone number of store will suffice.

I really don't know how long Tin can hold out. Please, I desperately need help in this.

Fingers crossed,
Pankaj

Please guys any information in this will be a huge help.

Hi Pankaj!

You should probably post an advert in the Looking for section of Guangzhou classifieds.
It might help.

Regards
Armand

Hi Armand,
Thanks for the suggestion. Will post over there.

Cheers,

I am not getting any answers here guys. Do you know of any other place where I should direct my query.
Really need to locate her grandma.
:(

Is her grandma a Chinese? If so can you post the Chinese characters here? It may be helpful to ask people in the same circle.

hi Chym 77,

Yes her grandma is chinese. I will translate this in mandarin, and repost.
A quick favor, please do check if I translate correctly, coz I wil use google translate for it.

Thanks,
Pankaj

I am also posting the original request in simplified chinese. Please excuse my errors, have used google translate.

我的Pankaj, 我需要一些帮助.
请帮助找到我的未婚夫的奶奶。

锡经历了密集的化疗会因为她是第4阶段的血液癌症患者。她的记忆不是很清楚。因此,我没有她的奶奶详细联系方式。

医生告诉我,Tin, 不会有很长的生活,所以我试图找到她的奶奶很快。但我只有她的名字和年龄

她的名字是李安继连,(Jilian Lee Ang),  年龄63/64岁,她拥有一系列杂货/“干和湿货”店在广州,并可能在台湾太。
我的未婚夫告诉我,她的奶奶在广州市,是众所周知的,它不会是一个问题,找到她。

这将是美好的,如果你可以问你的联系人/朋友对她的奶奶。并帮助找到她。

我真的不知道我的未婚夫会生存多久。拜托,我迫切需要帮助。

Pankaj

Hi Pankaj,

I have edited your ad for you.

请帮助找到我未婚妻(fiancee)/夫(fiance)的奶奶(grandma of her father's side)/外婆(grandma of her mother's side)。

Tin是血癌第4阶段患者,经历了强化化疗。现在她的记忆不好。因此,我没有她奶奶(grandma of her father's side)/外婆(grandma of her mother's side)的详细联系方式。

医生告诉我,Tin可生存的剩余时日不多,所以我试图尽快找到她的奶奶(grandma of her father's side)/外婆(grandma of her mother's side)。但我只有她奶奶(grandma of her father's side)/外婆(grandma of her mother's side)的名字和年龄

她奶奶(grandma of her father's side)/外婆(grandma of her mother's side)的名字是李安继连(Are you sure if this is the Chinese characters for her name? If no, put transliteration/音译 here.)(Jilian Lee Ang),  年龄63岁到64岁,在广州开杂货连锁店/干湿货店,并可能在台湾也经营类似的店铺。
我的未婚妻(fiancee)/夫(fiance)告诉我,她的奶奶(grandma of her father's side)/外婆(grandma of her mother's side)在广州很出名,找到她不成问题。

如果您、您的联系人或您的朋友知道她的奶奶(grandma of her father's side)/外婆(grandma of her mother's side)的联系方法并告诉我,那就太好了。我们会非常感激。

我真的不知道我的未婚妻(fiancee)/夫(fiance)还可以生存多久。拜托,我迫切需要帮助!

Please note that there are uncertain issues on your original ad.
1. Fiancée is 未婚妻, and fiancé is 未婚夫.
2. Grandma of the side of one's father is 奶奶, and grandma of the side of one's mother is外婆.
3. Do you use google to translate the name of her grandma? If so, I suggest you to put transliteration (音译) after李安继连(Jilian Lee Ang). For example, 李安继连(Jilian Lee Ang)(音译).

I think there are a few Chinese web sites you can look for help.
1. Tianya (http://bbs.tianya.cn/); Tianya Guangzhou (http://bbs.tianya.cn/list-329-1.shtml)
2. Sina Guangzhou weibo (http://weibo.com/guangzhou)
3. Du Shi Quan (City Circle) (http://bbs.o.cn/)

I hope that helps.

Hi Cham77,

You are a genius :)
Thanks a ton for the help. It really means a lot to us.
Have no words to thank you.

Pankaj

Posting it now in Chinese.

请帮助找到我未婚妻的奶奶。

Tin是血癌第4阶段患者,经历了强化化疗。现在她的记忆不好。因此,我没有她奶奶的详细联系方式。

医生告诉我,Tin可生存的剩余时日不多,所以我试图尽快找到她的奶奶。但我只有她奶奶的名字和年龄

她奶奶的名字是李安继连 (音译) (Jilian Lee Ang),  年龄63岁到64岁,在广州开杂货连锁店/干湿货店,并可能在台湾也经营类似的店铺。
我的未婚妻告诉我,她的奶奶在广州很出名,找到她不成问题。

如果您、您的联系人或您的朋友知道她的奶奶的联系方法并告诉我,那就太好了。我们会非常感激。

我真的不知道我的未婚妻还可以生存多久。拜托,我迫切需要帮助!

Pankaj

Also I suggest you to attach an email address after the ad. So people who may know anything about her grandma can contact you.

Sure doing it right now.
Thanks.

请帮助找到我未婚妻的奶奶。

Tin是血癌第4阶段患者,经历了强化化疗。现在她的记忆不好。因此,我没有她奶奶的详细联系方式。

医生告诉我,Tin可生存的剩余时日不多,所以我试图尽快找到她的奶奶。但我只有她奶奶的名字和年龄

她奶奶的名字是李安继连 (音译) (Jilian Lee Ang),  年龄63岁到64岁,在广州开杂货连锁店/干湿货店,并可能在台湾也经营类似的店铺。
我的未婚妻告诉我,她的奶奶在广州很出名,找到她不成问题。

如果您、您的联系人或您的朋友知道她的奶奶的联系方法并告诉我,那就太好了。我们会非常感激。

Pankaj
[email protected]

但我只有她奶奶的名字和年龄。
you need a full stop here.

Good luck!

Thanks, I will be needing it.
:)

Hi pankaj_tin,

Please can you write in English please on the English forum.

-----------

Hi chym77 ,

Please write in English on the English forum so that all members can read.

Thank you,

David.

Hello David,

Chymm 77 was helping me reach out to more people by translating my Original English post/ad into Chinese.

However, I am re-posting both English and Chinese versions at a single place. Hopefully it will help clear confusions.
Hi, I am Pankaj and please treat this as a urgent request.

I am here to seek some help finding my fiancee's (Tin's) grandmom.
The problem is Tin has undergone intensive Chemotherapy sessions as she is a stage 4 blood cancer patient.
So her memories are, to say the least "Foggy", the technical term is "Chemo Brain".
Hence, I don't have full contact details of her grandma.

The doctors tell me Tin does not have very long to live, so I am trying to find her grandma asap. But I only have her name and a rough idea of her age

Her name is Jilian Lee Ang, aged 63/64 yrs, and she owns a chain of groceries / "Dry and Wet goods" stores in Guangzhou and possibly in Taiwan too.
My fiancee tells me her granny is quite famous in Guangzhou city, and it wont be a problem finding her. I am desperately clinging on to that.

It would be wonderful if you all would be so kind to ask your contacts/friends about her granny's contact information. Merely phone number of store will suffice.

I really don't know how long Tin can hold out. Please, I desperately need help in this.

Fingers crossed,
Pankaj

请帮助找到我未婚妻的奶奶.

Tin是血癌第4阶段患者,经历了强化化疗。现在她的记忆不好。因此,我没有她奶奶的详细联系方式.

医生告诉我,Tin可生存的剩余时日不多,所以我试图尽快找到她的奶奶。但我只有她奶奶的名字和年龄.

她奶奶的名字是李安继连 (音译) (Jilian Lee Ang),  年龄63岁到64岁,在广州开杂货连锁店/干湿货店,并可能在台湾也经营类似的店铺.
我的未婚妻告诉我,她的奶奶在广州很出名,找到她不成问题.

如果您、您的联系人或您的朋友知道她的奶奶的联系方法并告诉我,那就太好了。我们会非常感激.

Pankaj
pankaj4kristine[at]yahoo.com

Indeed, David, I helped to edit the translation.

@ chym77.....May God shower someone like you with more blessings. You have a heart of gold.

@Linguistic427: It is very kind of you to say so. I think in my heart reside an angel and a devil. There are moments when the angel comes out and the devil hides in the dark. I guess this is one of those moments. And I am happy that I can be helpful on this. :)

gzstuff website might be another place to try?
Good luck.

Thank you everyone for taking time to read this and give in your valuable suggestions.

I have some good news. We finally did manage to contact grandma, and currently she is with Tin.
Thanks once again.

God bless you all :)

Cheers
Pankaj