Can a legal resident in uruguay be allowed to work.

Hi all,

I want to know wether a legal resident either temporary or permanenet is allowed to work inuruguay ? i.e those who got the permit on income proof of required minimum /month.

This may be explained clearely by any knowledgeable in such matters.

Regards,
Rajks

Greetings rajks:

Any legal resident, temporary or permanent, is allowed to work as "employee".

Any foreigner that wants to work as "employee" is required to have a temporary or permanent residence permit.

Any foreigner, with or without residence permit, is allowed to start a business in Uruguay.

If you don't have a residence permit in uruguay, but you start a business in uruguay that generates an income, then any notary may certificate your income, so then you may obtain a residence permit.

[moderated: no free ads please]

DaniMascort wrote:

Greetings rajks:

Any legal resident, temporary or permanent, is allowed to work as "employee".

Any foreigner that wants to work as "employee" is required to have a temporary or permanent residence permit.

Any foreigner, with or without residence permit, is allowed to start a business in Uruguay.

If you don't have a residence permit in uruguay, but you start a business in uruguay that generates an income, then any notary may certificate your income, so then you may obtain a residence permit.

[moderated: no free ads please]

Hi there

You seem to be knowledgeable about legal/residency matters in Uruguay... I would like to know whether it's possible to start a business in Uruguay, remotely? And if so, could you point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for the reply & happy to get the answer to my querry, but i still have the doubt that those who qualify on income criteria say some x/month whatever required to show valid proof and after showing the proof one gets temporary residency permit , my doubt is wether he is allowed to work in Uruguay.
I request you to answer or confirm that he is allowed to work in Uruguay.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajks

Dear rickyj:

As foreigner, you may start any kind of business in uruguay (except very few excemptions). Nonetheless, in order to open and register a company, you have to personally sign some documents in presence of a local notary that will certificate your signature.

The other possibility is to use a power of attorney, so other person may sign in your name.

You may open a personal company, a limited liability company (SRL or LTDA, which need a minimum of 2 persons, that might be individuals or legal persons, or also you may open a public limited company or SA.

You can also register a subsidiary of foreign company.

Any type of company have different times of registering, different costs and different individual responsabilities, and depending of the kind of business you will start, one type would be more appropiated than the others.

In any case, remotely it is impossible to open and register a company, except by using a power of attorney, which should be legalized and translated into spanish if necessary, by a local official translator.

Do you have planned any particular business??

Regards.

Daniel Mascort

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
[email protected]