22 year old from London looking to meet people around my age

Hi!

My name is Mary, and I'm out here in Dubai until the end of June working as a nanny for an English family based here. I'm from London, so it would be great to perhaps meet some people who are from there as well so we can share in our homesickness together haha! I'd also love to meet people from around the world who are near my age, as I don't know many people out here in their twenties.

I know the city reasonably well, having been here before as I dated a guy who grew up here. I've done a lot of the touristy stuff but would love to find someone to explore some of the more cultural/historical aspects of Dubai. Also, a party buddy would be fantastic! :P I get 2 days off a week with my job, although they are not often weekends so someone who could also go out mid-week would be really great but obviously that's not a requisite!

Soo, a bit about myself:

I completed my BA in English Language & Literature a year ago in London (I went to KCL). Throughout I worked as a nanny to support myself and found it really enjoyable. I decided to take a year out to get my head straight and figure out what I wanted to do next, so have been nannying since finishing. I will be returning to London in September to start an MA in Nineteenth Century Studies, also at KCL. 

I am a real foodie and love to eat and cook. Doing some kind of culinary tour of Dubai would be so much fun. I especially love Italian food but am keen to explore some of the local dishes and cuisine which I've never tried before.

I am obviously keen on literature and that kind of culture, and I write some of my own poetry and short fiction. It would be lovely to meet anyone who perhaps is interested in writing themselves as it's always great to read new stuff.

Anyway, it would be great to go for a drink/dinner sometime! Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Mary.
x

Hi Mary!

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for this introduction :)

Regards
Armand

ahlan..dubai...

plz message me...

am from dubai marina..

pm me lol

@erwin10 > could you please introduce yourself? Thanks.

Welcome Mary.

Good looking male from india

Hey ..

Nice to see your posting.. I am 29 years old guy from india and currently in dubai.. looking to meet you send me your contact details.

Regards,
Kris

hey there welcome to the blog. im new here too :)

hey wassup...i read your post and though it would be nice if you don't mind catching up.

I'm an out going person working in dubai as an I.T. expect.

hope to know you me better when we catch up.

chaoh,
ben.

hi my dear i thing i am the person which your looking for so i hop to be for ever wait me for more info contact me here
([email protected])

best regard
waiting for your respond

I m based in Dubai,my age is 29,let me know if u wana outing with me,i also love to drink and dine.

Rgds,

Manu

hey there
im croatian here in dxb.
wanna grab drinks some time?

adoringowls wrote:

Hi!

My name is Mary, and I'm out here in Dubai until the end of June working as a nanny for an English family based here. I'm from London, so it would be great to perhaps meet some people who are from there as well so we can share in our homesickness together haha! I'd also love to meet people from around the world who are near my age, as I don't know many people out here in their twenties.

I know the city reasonably well, having been here before as I dated a guy who grew up here. I've done a lot of the touristy stuff but would love to find someone to explore some of the more cultural/historical aspects of Dubai. Also, a party buddy would be fantastic! :P I get 2 days off a week with my job, although they are not often weekends so someone who could also go out mid-week would be really great but obviously that's not a requisite!

Soo, a bit about myself:

I completed my BA in English Language & Literature a year ago in London (I went to KCL). Throughout I worked as a nanny to support myself and found it really enjoyable. I decided to take a year out to get my head straight and figure out what I wanted to do next, so have been nannying since finishing. I will be returning to London in September to start an MA in Nineteenth Century Studies, also at KCL. 

I am a real foodie and love to eat and cook. Doing some kind of culinary tour of Dubai would be so much fun. I especially love Italian food but am keen to explore some of the local dishes and cuisine which I've never tried before.

I am obviously keen on literature and that kind of culture, and I write some of my own poetry and short fiction. It would be lovely to meet anyone who perhaps is interested in writing themselves as it's always great to read new stuff.

Anyway, it would be great to go for a drink/dinner sometime! Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Mary.
x

Havent seen someone really spend time and introduce herself/himself.. Well, Dubai is basically all about culture and history. I grew up here, and have seen Dubai grow in front of my eyes. Sand, then roads, then high rise.. Amazing, right ?

Well, I'd like to step up on the task and invite you and anyone else who is interested in an open public area ( we've previously had members worried they might get kidnapped here..lol), and basically make networks. If you have a solid and sound network running in Dubai, then you'd love this place.

So Im in on weekdays as well, as for me, time is no issue..

Hope to hear soon.

Regards,
Saud

:)

hi i am ridjan i am also from europe but living in dubai ,,,,cause i am working here if u wont same compani or to drink a  caffeb and take care

hi marry if you are interested to meet me please send me your contact details in my email i will call you, [email protected].

thanks
ali

OK

Hi im hanif please email me [email protected]

Hi am sidhu!

My name is Sidhu, and I'm working as a Fine Artist Designer in Dubai. I'm from India, I would like to meet you and make frindship well and have some fun together haha! I'd also love Bar and Pub Some time.

I am A GYM BODY AND SLIM,

if you wish to contact me so pls give me your contact number or send me a mail......!!!

Anyway, i am so interested to meet you! Hope to hear from you soon.
smile

Your
Sidhu

I would just like to specify that I am looking for friends only!

Hi,can we e fruends

nice to here ....

hey Mary welcome to the blog. im new here too :) hope to catch you soon on the road Lol