New to forum blog

hi everyone

I am Marietta and new to this forum.  AM Maltese living in Malta and nice to hear what expats have to say about living here :)

If I can help with anything than please let me know

Marietta

Bongu Marietta and sorry for the delay in replying. I have also messaged you.

For ourselves, my wife Lynnder (born and raised on Malta but not Maltese) and me, living here is the culmination of a dream and of our long association with the islands and people. The people are very mostly very hospitable and gracious and have a love for life. There are some however, usually letting agents who only see expats as people from whom to take money. But it takes two parties at least to make a relationship so we need to remember that we are guests in another's country.
We are in UK at the moment for family wedding but we return on July 16th and we look forward to that very much.
I would always appreciate any comments and views from anyone here, so please do not be put off by any lack of response. If you would like to know us better then message me and we can exchange details. Regards, Mick and Lynnder.

I have to say this.
I am wondering why after 70 odd views no one else has responded to Marietta? She extends that hand of friendship and no response? :rolleyes:

I've only been here two weeks, but loving it so far. I don't really feel qualified to give a proper opinion though!

Hiya Marietta, Finally nice to see you on here.

Guys and Gals, for your information Marietta works with me in the Private Client Section of the business and has seen how i connect with people on here and wanted to see if she could also assist anyone with a Maltese point of view and also would help when it comes to needing assistance with translation or help with any problems you are getting.

She has been of great assistance and is doing this free of charge, she is not out to gain money for this just wants to let people see what Malta is all about and how people are here to help.

A nice Welcome would always be appreciated as Mick suggested.

Julian

A friend of Julian's is definitely a friend of mine; if they wish.:top:

Welcome Marietta am sure given time we will be asking you some pertinent questions.... hope you enjoy the forum

Thanks a million :) Thumbs up :D

Welcome to the forum, how kind of you to give your time and expertise to everyone here, thankyou very much :)

Welcome mari  :D

I'm in the pgl's camp of just arrived, loving it so far, but not qualified to offer opinion or advice.

:D

Hi Marietta,

a big welcome to the forum.

Feel free to come to our Expat meetings in St. Julians on Wednesdays. See the 'meeting up' thread for more details.

All Expats and Maltese are always welcome. A few weeks ago we even had a Maltese 'Expat' join us -)))

Cheers
Ricky

Hey guys :)

Thanks a lot for such a warm welcome. Especially Redmick and Scubaboy for such nice messages.  Every opinion and advice is greatly appreciated and welcomed :)
Ricky might take you up on the offer for the Expat meetings :) will be on the look out

Hi Mari!

I'm also new to this forum. Actually, I just signed in. :) I arrived here in Malta 3wks ago and sure havin' a great time so far. Not qualified yet to give a sound opinion though, but let's see, I might give my thoughts as I follow this forum.

Thanks in advance Mari! :)

fyi. I have been reading this forum before coming here. would like to thank Redmik, Ricky, Scubaboy, Toonarmy, et al.. you guys are terrific in sharing whatever you may offer. it helped me prepare and have a mindset of what to expect of things going on here..

Cheers!
Rymnd

Hello and welcome ;)

Signed in and first post just to say hello... I think you have a fan, Marietta... :P

Welcome to the forum Marietta!

I will defo contact you if I need a future assistance.

Have a nice weekend ;)

Antonio

hey all :) thanks for all the lovely comments...well if i can somehow repay with some of my assistance and knowledge please let me know :)

Hi Mari,
I've been a serial forum watcher for the past few months and finally plucked up the courage to sign up and post occasionally. Welcome to the site. I feel however you've been a member longer than I, anyway.
my family and I are still in the planning stage and read with interest all the info given by Ricky, Scubaboy, Toonarmy and  Redmick. I'm sure as our relocation gets closer both my husband and I will have lots of questions for you all. I live in hope of a wonderful "relationship" with you all.
Please excuse the fact that most of my posts are written at stupid o'clock but I work night duty and I read and reply when I have no calls or when just up in the "morning" like now.....

Take care and welcome again Mari :cheers:!

Maureen

New to Malta too, where do you meet in St. Julians ?
Andrew
:cool:

Hi Mari, am in the throes of trying to find somewhere to live and dealing with the realtors at the mo :mad:, any insider tips would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Andrew
:cool:

Hi Andrew,
Hope you find what you are looking for, however everything depends where you want to live, or if easier what are you looking for in the town/village you want to move to.
PM me with details of what you are searching for and will try help you.
Marietta