Can expats employ domestic workers?

Hi,

Can expats employ domestic workers? if yes, then does anyone know the procedure.

I recently read the Saudi govt's drive in legalizing over stayers by allowing them to transfer onto sponsors for whom they can work as Domestic workers. Now does this men expats can hire them as doemstic workers?

If I would like to hire a driver can I, as an expat, hire another expat as my driver/domestic worker under my sponsorship?

Would appreciate any information as well as the procedure.

Best

I am also looking for some help on the same issue. can some share some information

I have found out that this can be done and is being done. However, you cannot employ people the same nationality as yours.

But I am still unaware of the procedure so will appreciate any help.

Expats only holding key / senior positions are allowed to have house help under their sponsorship. Likes of Doctor, Engineer etc can have domestic help and this requires normal application under istakdam and with a certain salary cap. The decision to allow or not is up to them and I have seen applications both accepted and rejected with no valid reason.

HI,

Can you please guide me how do i apply for normal isteqdam. I already have a couple of people working for me who are (upto this moment) on free visas from their kafeels.

I would like them/one of them to be transferred to my own Iqama. Please PM me your number and i will get in touch with you.

Regards
Yasser

HRGuru wrote:

Expats only holding key / senior positions are allowed to have house help under their sponsorship. Likes of Doctor, Engineer etc can have domestic help and this requires normal application under istakdam and with a certain salary cap. The decision to allow or not is up to them and I have seen applications both accepted and rejected with no valid reason.

Many thanks for the information.