Move to Plata Del Carmen in June

Hola!
I am getting ready to move to Plata Del Carmen in June and have so many questions. I would love to have a contact that I can correspond with to help me in my move. I need to find a small apartment and would like to know the best way to go about finding one. I also would like to know about opportunities for jobs to foreigners coming to Mexico. Any advise you could give me would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Cancun forum.

All the best,
Christine

google mexico mike and take a read on his travels through mexico since 1968.

Hi Lisa,

I want to move there too... But i have to wait until my son finishes High School I was there in Aug 2012 and every year b4 that. I fell in love with Mexico, Cancun and Playa del Carmen. I did the same thing you are doing now asking what I need To Do. You are to a great start get information,ask questions. i was told to get a sponsor so I could work in the whole tourism thing. I know i would be good at it. Start making friends with the locals, its who you know they can help you more. Don't give up and keep me posted. I will see you down there soon hopefully.

You mean PLAYA del Carmen?  Go to Face book or google Mom's Bar  Jurgen the German owner is  the connection to help you orient  I rented a place for $300 a month from a ex pat Cuban guy I can give you his number   right in center of town  Playa  is a very active interesting multinational area

LOL! Thanks for the info, I hope they gravitate towards me, I'm a social butterfly with the gift of persuasion.

Hola Lisa! I moved to Playa del Carmen 8 years ago and I'm still here now! I would be more than happy to answer any questions =) I know what it is like to up and move here and start from scratch!

Rebecca