Cost of living

Im working as a Software engg in India,My wife is doctor who got a job as anesthesia in King Hamad hospital with a salary of 2000 BHD.. I need to find a job there,is it easily avaliable there. Till then can we manage with 2000BHD.. We need to pay for the accom and I need to get the visa done for myself and my 1.5 yrs baby..

How is the hospital,which is best place to live which is also to be safe.

Wat is the current cost of living and how much can i save

Hello Santosh rameshbabu.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Bahrain forum for more interaction.

Thank you,
Aurélie

2000 will be plenty to live on. I'm not familiar with housing near the hospital but someone on the forum will probably be able to point you in the right direction. Will the hospital organise a visa for you?

Hi Santosh and welcome,

The King Hamad Hospital is the latest hospital in Bahrain which just opened last year. It is located on Muharraq's island just after the bridge in Busaiteen's district. If you want to stay close to your wife's job this is where you can find an accommodation.

As your wife has a job already, it will be easier for you to prospect once you're here. I don't know if it's easy or not to find in your field of expertise but I've heard that in IT, the salaries are lower than they used to.

As far as the visa is concerned, cross check clearly with your wife's employer as in Bahrain, normally the spouse can't sponsor her husband and dependants. Only men can. There are exceptions for teachers, nurses but doctors, I'm not totally sure.

Hope you see a little bit clearer now !

Cheers

Olivier