Spouse visa???????

Salaam

I was wondering if someone can please help me.  I have just accepted a job as teacher with PNU, through a recruitment agency 'teach away'. From the first day of contact with them (back in Feb) it was made very clear that I will be travelling with my husband, they said that he would be my dependant and they even took his passport copy and in my contract it says that my spouse and I get return flights home and are entitled to housing allowance rather then sharing accommodation.
Right up to when I signed my contract (last week) it was still the understanding that my husband will be with me but now when I'm applying for my visa I've be told that not only can I not sponsor my husband as dependant but the ministry of labour do not issue family visas for teachers (unless they have Masters), even when they arrive in Saudi.   Meaning that i cant have my husband at all with me.   That's crazy!!!!!  I've been told that this has just be implemented.

I would really appreciate some advice and hear from people who are or were in the same boat as me, surely, i'm not the only one!!!!

So, you'll be coming on a *work visa*. Normally for such a visa for KSA, it's not possible for the couple to come together. The working partner has to land first, start processing his/her spouse visa and in 1-2 months time (IFF he/she has support from her company and the profession on the ID, called 'Iqama', is obliged to have family visa facility per law). That's the first thing.

Secondly, the family visa is restricted for white collar job holders only. And I'm in doubt; I mean I don't think female teachers get it.

This is since long and there has not be any changes in the law lately. Nevertheless, your employer must have told you about both these things since the time they started presenting to you the job offer.

If I were you I would simply decline the offer. Really doesn't make sense to me.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Secondly, the family visa is restricted for white collar job holders only. And I'm in doubt; I mean I don't think female teachers get it.

I know this was the case a few years ago.  Female teachers were being assured they could bring their families over once they'd landed but then it was one excuse after another.  Many teachers left because of this.

they're saying that even when i get there and get my iqama i wont be able to sponser my husband!!!!

riz.m wrote:

they're saying that even when i get there and get my iqama i wont be able to sponser my husband!!!!

Yes I got that. This is what's going on:

I just spoke to the 'teach away' and they said that from May 12th 2013 Ministry of Labour has announced that they no longer allow employers to sponsor their family, as they have been allowed in the past. 

PNU had agreed to sponsor my husband as my dependant but when it came to having it processed it's been declined by the ministry.

Also no one is allowed to sponsor their family after getting the iqama (regardless of the job) unless they hold a masters degree which has to be from certain exam boards, and it can't be a qualification equivalent to masters.

I thinks is depends on the profession written on your iqama or work permit