Flat hunting - Yangon

Hi,

I'm moving to Yangon on May 21st to start a new teaching job. I'll be staying in a hotel for the 1st week or so and will be hooked up with an agent to find a flat. But I thought it couldn't hurt to see if anyone knows of anything that may be suitable in advance.

I'm looking for a 1/ 2 bedroom apartment or alternatively I'd be happy to share with someone (I'm clean, tidy, easy going, professional, in my thirties etc).

I'll be working on Pyay Road, Kamaryut Township,so ideally I'd like to find something in this vicinity.

Thanks very much in advance for your time.

Best regards,
James

[Moderated: Please post in Housing section]

Hello James.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I suggest you to post an advert in the Housing in Myanmar section. It might help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

[Moderated: Use your pm pls]

Hello,

I got in middle of downtown yangon Pabedan township by general aung san market. It's furnished 1500sqft 2/2 with extra maid room.include security system, home phone and dsl internet. Of course renter have to pay utility bill. Need two month security deposit. I own it so there's isn't agent fees. Rent only $1500 amonth.

yethuratun(at)aol.com

Hello all,

I have just moved here with an NGO and as it was so last minute was not able to do enough housing research before arriving.  I am looking to rent a furnished place in Yangon (1 or 2 bed), or house share  for a budget of 1,500USD a month initially for three months but then most likely extending.  My office is downtown but I am more than willing to commute.

I did call most of the serviced apartments advertised and they are all fully booked until next year, plus very expensive.

Please message me if you know of any free place.
Cheers!

Hello, is your place still available to rent?
I am looking for a place for three months with the possibility of extending.
Please let me know
Dina

Hi everyone,
Am new in Yangon.  I just arrived early October and will be here for 10months.  I am desperately looking for an apartment to rent closer to Yangon University.  I would also like to share it with someone preferably a muslim female (Malaysian/Singaporean/Indonesian?).

Appreciate if anyone could help me find an apartment closer to the university. Please contact me by email - [email protected]

Hi  dina1980, herney,

I suggest you to post your advert in the Housing in Myanmar section, this might be helpful. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.