No iqama yet - visa is going to expire

Hi expat gurus. I need your help. I came to Saudia 2.5 months back on work visa. After 45 days i have handed over my passport to my employer for iqama processing. Its around more then 60 days after landing and they have not handed over iqama yet and now there are only few days left to expire my visa.

I told my company that if it is illegal to stay after expiry of visa then i would like to go otherwise give me iqama as soon as possible. Seems like they are forcing me to stay without iqama after my visa expires. They are saying that this will take 2-3 weeks more and there wont be any problem.

I am not aware of the employment /visa laws in this situation. Please suggest what to do.

Thanks

samahmed_1 wrote:

Hi expat gurus. I need your help. I came to Saudia 2.5 months back on work visa. After 45 days i have handed over my passport to my employer for iqama processing. Its around more then 60 days after landing and they have not handed over iqama yet and now there are only few days left to expire my visa.

I told my company that if it is illegal to stay after expiry of visa then i would like to go otherwise give me iqama as soon as possible. Seems like they are forcing me to stay without iqama after my visa expires. They are saying that this will take 2-3 weeks more and there wont be any problem.

I am not aware of the employment /visa laws in this situation. Please suggest what to do.

Thanks

Dear Samahmed,

You are not alone with this case a lot of expats experience this situation. Though I have had in the same situation before as yours. I arrived here on 8/10/1428 H. but, they issued my Iqama on 11/01/1429, so if you are going to calculate the days , there were more than 3 months after I had finally my Iqama.

As long as you have the temporary Iqama issued by your company you dont have to worry about it ☺

Thanks friend for your reply

Hello samahmed_1.

You have a similar thread on the Jubail forum.
I invite you to continue here ->https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=259484

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am closing this thread.

Closed