Any where in HCMC where they served real bacon and eggs?

Looking for a restaurant in HCMC that served real western style bacon and eggs with slices of white toast with butter, with a good cup of coffee to go with that. So far, most that I've tasted have a Vietnamese flavor to it, probably added nuoc mam to it

NashCat wrote:

So far, most that I've tasted have a Vietnamese flavor to it, probably added nuoc mam to it

Dude, u are in Vietnam

Any restaurant in 4-5 stars hotels would serve that.  I went to 39 Market restaurant inside Kumho yesterday and they serve western breakfast.  Also, Pearl Cafe in Ruby tower at Saigon Pearl also serve good Western breakfast.

Alex's cafe in D7 does a great western breakfast :)
Spotted cow in Bui Vien D1 used to but the menu is changing so not sure if it's still available.
Phatty's bar D1
I'm sure there's a couple of places in Thao Dien, but been a while since I've eaten there.

Should be able to get a good western breakfast at Wayne's Texas BBQ on Bui Vien Street, district 1, in the backpacker area.

Let me know if you find it!

Of course, I had real bacon, eggs, and pancakes at my house yesterday morning. So I've already found "it". :D

Agnes Cafe and Evita Cafe in Thao Dien, Pearl Cafe at Saigon Pearl in Binh Thanh Dist, kind of surprised that this is even asked since there are many places...

Phi Long wrote:

kind of surprised that this is even asked since there are many places...

I'm not. It's too easy to just jump on this forum and ask, rather than venture out and try to discover on ones own...

Phi Long wrote:

Agnes Cafe and Evita Cafe in Thao Dien, Pearl Cafe at Saigon Pearl in Binh Thanh Dist, kind of surprised that this is even asked since there are many places...

Maybe you been here too long your tastebuds and your name are the same as the local. Maybe it's the restaurant I visited, but, they don't seemed to cook the eggs in butter or bacon fat, they used some sort of Vietnamese cooking oil with a dab of unknown sauce. And I can never get the eggs sunny side up, always scrambled or well done.

U can come in Bitexco Financial tower in District 1, I saw a Australian restaurant in front of shopping mall. It specializes about Bacon and eggs. Let go there to enjoy it^^

You meant creamy crumble eggs with bacon or American omelet ? If you really wanna to have good western meal why don't you pay more budget  from your pocket to go to intercontinental , park Hyatt , new world, moven pick, park royal, caravel, Sheraton, ect.... Will sure serve you as what you expected to.
With the perfect omelette they need skills which is normal restaurants without any star they can't do the perfect ones. u can't expect good as in your own country, and the slices white toast need to grill on salamander to get the softness and flavour. anyway ,bcos we are Vietnamese ! What can you expect else from a country which is not our food cuisine ?

ngaunhien wrote:

You meant creamy crumble eggs with bacon or American omelet ? If you really wanna to have good western meal why don't you pay more budget  from your pocket to go to intercontinental , park Hyatt , new world, moven pick, park royal, caravel, Sheraton, ect.... Will sure serve you as what you expected to.
With the perfect omelette they need skills which is normal restaurants without any star they can't do the perfect ones. u can't expect good as in your own country, and the slices white toast need to grill on salamander to get the softness and flavour. anyway ,bcos we are Vietnamese ! What can you expect else from a country which is not our food cuisine ?

Thank you for telling me that they don't know how to make bacon and eggs over here. LOL they are Vietnamese, but they do make great banh cuon and pho which I like. However, on occasion I like real bacon and eggs and will take SaigonMonkey advice and I'll try Wayne's Texas BBQ on Bui Vien Street (somehow the name Texas convey the smell of bacon). As for your advice, somehow, I don't think you eat bacon and eggs regularly or try any of those restaurants you mentioned. Yawn!!

If you find a place that serves CRISPY bacon, let me know... that's what I feel is lacking pretty much through all of Asia.

Im studying to be a chef lol. Accept I didn't been thru all of these restaurants I mentioned. But I been few of them.
Anyway if you willing to pay more from your budget sure u won't give any comments like those.
Live on who is lands you have to follow the fun of rules. 
Just abt the food !  Can't expect more while u r not in your own country. Lucky you didn't die bcos of hunger.

NashCat,

I'm not sure if you'll find any place that will cook their eggs in fat. You might be better off cooking it yourself. That's what I do. You can get some pretty good American smoked bacon with a lot of fat content in any of the big stores ( I get mine at Metro but I'm sure just about every western store will have it) It costs me around $6 USD per pound (there's cheaper ones but not as much fat, which as you know carries all the flavor). I save half of the bacon drippings from the bacon to fry my egg in, ladling the hot oil over the yolk so its still runny, and I use the other half to make home fries. No difference then the breakfast I used to cook at home in the states. Most of the western food here, is.. um for a lack of better word just "eh"

Hi,

A lot of off topic posts have been removed from the thread. Please avoid unnecessary arguments or we'll be forced to take further actions.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team