Looking for good condition second hand fridge in HCMC

I'm looking for any shops or anyone who sells second hand refrigerator. Preferably the shop is around the airport area as I live there.The size that I'm looking for is about 90L and preferably is still in good condition. Any recommendations?

Curious99 wrote:

I'm looking for any shops or anyone who sells second hand refrigerator. Preferably the shop is around the airport area as I live there.The size that I'm looking for is about 90L and preferably is still in good condition. Any recommendations?

Second hand is not too cheap and consume too much power. Better buy new one. It starts from 2.7 million VND. Check here to see the price of various brands.

Curious99,

I made the mistake of buying a used fridge a year ago, and was just now able to get rid of it.  Don't make that same mistake!

You will not save much.  Just get a new one.  It is not that much more expensive than a used one.  But, you will get the peace of mind.

I recently bought a Panasonic 125L (I think.), for 3.5 million Dongs.  It is light, works good; and it is frostfree.

The smaller ones, like the one you are looking for, don't have that frostfree feature, which can be a pain every couple of months.

Hi Wild_1,

You are right. Really hate to imagine having to fix a problematic stuff in a foreign country. Guess I'll opt for a brand new fridge.

You were saying that you have gotten a 125L fridge for 3.5mil dong, that is pretty cheap.

Is there any places that you would recommend to buy electronics items like fridge, rice cooker and etc (kitchen stuffs).

Preferably nearby the airport.

Hi charmavietnam,

That webpage sure looks helpful. But is there anyway to change the language to English?

Buying secondhand in Vietnam is not a desirable thing, if your buying from an expat maybe you will get a good buy. Buy from a local and the price difference wont be much cheaper then a new one. Save yourself the hassles and buy a new one, its like 100-200usd for a really good fridge.

Not sure which side of the airport you are, but there are many large electrical stores in Saigon, just rock in and get a price, also free delivery.

Hi curios99, Nguyen Kim store nearest your place is on phan dang luu street, just stop by to see, they will deliver and install in your place even when I buy small microvawe, they also offer to deliver to my place.

hi colinoscapee,

Thanks for the tips.
By the way, Saigon means district 1 is it?

Hi deddyp,

Wow, they even offered to deliver a microwave.

That's what I'm looking for. Hopefully the price they are charging is still reasonable

Curious99 wrote:

Hi charmavietnam,

That webpage sure looks helpful. But is there anyway to change the language to English?

Hi!
I think Electrolux is suitable for your need.
If you want to compare prices just check the left pane for price button( in horizontal ) then drag to left for your option of amount. I think it(Gia Ban) start from 3M to 82M. Just drag to left or choose the brand from top, it's in English. To compare prices and brands that English is enough :D

Curious99,

I am not too familiar with the Saigon area.  However, aside from Nguyen Kim, there is Cho Lon and Phan Khang, where you can find all kitchen stuffs.

There are mom-and-pop shops, where the price is a little cheaper, but you must speak Vietnamese.  Grab a local friend and check one of these out...  Of course, you still have the bigger stores to fall upon.

Well most older locals still call it Saigon, not HCMC.I myself prefer Saigon and hardly use HCMC.

If you are in Phu Nhuan as Deddyp has presumed, then Nguyen Kim is a good place to start.

Wild_1 wrote:

Curious99,

I am not too familiar with the Saigon area.  However, aside from Nguyen Kim, there is Cho Lon and Phan Khang, where you can find all kitchen stuffs.

There are mom-and-pop shops, where the price is a little cheaper, but you must speak Vietnamese.  Grab a local friend and check one of these out...  Of course, you still have the bigger stores to fall upon.

Yeah, but price too high compare to Nguyen Kim :D
@Curious99:
Check this address, may be near you. Nguyen Kim, 79B Lý Thường Kiệt 1.Tân Bình TP.HCM
Tel : 08 38 669 999

Not much difference and they do have good after sales service.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Guess I'll start with the nearest Nguyen Kim to check out their kitchen stuff.

By the way, Wild_1, where is the mom-and-pop shop? Do you have the address. It sounds like an interesting shop. If it is nearby, probably worth it to make a trip there. =)

And recently, someone just PM me offering a used 90L fridge at the price of 2mil dong? Is this the market rate? cos personally I think its really pricey for used item.

Curious99,

The shop that I got my fridge from is in Can Tho.  You don't want to buy yours from there.  Now, that would be one heck of an adventure, wouldn't it?  But, it is one that you and the shop owner will be much better off without.

Just ask around in your area.  There should be no shortage of reputable appliance shops. 

It was a pretty cool experience.  I got to joke around with the shop owner and his family.  Then, I came away with a fridge that suited my needs, functionally and financially.  It was a recently-discontinued model, still brand new in-the-box, at a largely discounted price, and delivered to me at my convenience. 

If you are able to find a similar shop in your area, great.  If not, just drop by the major appliance store and save yourself the undue nightmares.