!! Information Needed on Moving To Cyprus !!

Hi everyone I am new to this forum/blog. Hope you all ok?

I am only young, nearly 21 & getting married in July this year. We have 3 Kids, 2 of them can be in school and one of them is currently 6 months old.

Now you probably had the dream to move to Cyprus & get away from the UK....If not we DO, but need more help if possible. We have done quiet alot of research but still not level headed. I would like people to give the best advice which shall be up to date to your knowledge if possible please.

Now I know theres North & South Cyprus...not bothered which side really but would like a nice area, which possibly some othe British expats living in the same area. Any Help?

What are Schools like staff?

I Know Jobs are poorly paid & not many jobs...Now I have quiet a few qualifications for my age...so if you could tell me whats needed at the moment, websites to get jobs etc please?

Cost of Living e.g Typical monthly bills for gas, electric etc?

How much money would you advice to come with as like a back up?

Any help would be much appriciated thanks.

Kelvin

Hi, Cyprus is quite an expensive country to live in, we found this out after being here for over 17 months; Food prices are pretty steep, petrol is 98c a litre. Bread is between 1.40 - 2.00 a loaf! There is only two of us and our weekly groceries are about, on average, E60-100pw. Gas bottles have increased up to 11.50 per bottle for cooking and fires etc; Electricity can be very expensive, avg bill for 2 month period is between 80-200E if you use the air con unit as heating this would be considerably more, esp with kids.  Weather is pretty unpredictable between Dec-Mar, very cold if you live up in the hills as we do in Paphos. there is usually a 5-6 degree difference between hills and lower paphos,

I wouldn't know about school system now as don't have children of that age, however we have been told that the Russians are taking over in the International school systems, can't comment on that any further as we have Russian friends. although I must say that an International School should just be that 'International' which to me means the kids will establish lots of culture in their new educations.

The North of Cyprus is absolutely beautiful in our opinion (we go over quite often for a weekend) but we cannot comment on living over there (title deeds etc would prob be a pretty bad minefield maybe, more than over this side, (south)as we have only been over for weekends etc which were very cheap. For price comparison you may be better looking at Turkey prices of cost of living as they are on a par.

Thanks alot for the information, ive looked in to moving to the North but i think we are now siding to the south as more expats tend to move there and job oppertunitys should be better.

Any more information on Living etc feel free to comment thanks

Yes, I would stay away from the North especially if you want to buy property. North Cyprus Properties - Buyers Beware

Paphos and Cyprus in general is a very nice place to live and raise a family but also very expensive. Unless you have a lot of money then private schooling alone will be too expensive. I would assume all your kids are very young so they would probably adapt very easily to a Greek, public school. I would just make sure you have some financial back up before you move the whole family out. We did it a few years ago and if we hadn't had family help from my wife's CYpriot step-father who is also a lawyer it would have been very difficult getting settled.

Hi, we are in the same situation and looking to move next year.  Can you please provide an update as to how you are getting on regarding schools etc?

Many Thanks

Carl and Andrea

Hi Everyone,

I want to so many question here are few :
what is the main occupation in Cyprus country?
where is the more crowd(people)smile?
what kind of jobs are available?
What is the salary range?
Is it safe country for foreigner to live on alone? (specially girls)

I hope people i will get genuine and true answer smile
Please reply..Awaiting

Cheers to All

Ritu from India

I am French and I am living in Cyprus since one year.

I was a bit surprised by what you wrote especilly this :
- not bothered which side
- Jobs are poorly paid
- not many jobs

Indeed North and South are completly different ! The north is illegaly occupied by the turkish army (just 35.000 soldiers) and the economy is dead.

Jobs poorly paid? it depends what you can do! If you speak only one language, you have one arm without any legs and you are not able to work more than one hour indeed it will be poorly paid. By the way the min for 40h is 700€ and their is no end ! In forex, gaming industry it is base on what you do ! For forex for instance it is 1200€ min + com and you can jump up to 10.000€ if you are good.

Not many jobs indeed for those who are not motivated. The unemployment is below 7% and if you are good people will look for you !

You had better to made a profile on jobincyprus.com, cyprusjobs.com and cyprusrecruiter.com/. You can also check anglo info cyprus and buy Cyprus weekly. Then apply and wait them to contact you back !