Starting a moto club in HCM, 150cc. Anyone interested?

Hello,
Long time reader,first time poster.
I am starting a social motorcycle club for folks who own 150cc bikes in Ho Chi Minh city.
The purpose is to bring together riders who enjoy- getting out of the big city and going on 1/2 day,full day or overnight road  trips;building new friendships;sharing knowledge of machines and life in general;social meets for a beer and BBQ.

Now I did state it is a 150cc club,however larger machines will be welcome.This is so that all members can keep up with each other on the highway,similar skills with larger machines and also separates motorbike from scooter.
If you have any questions,feel free to PM me and I can give you more details.
Cheers.

great, but I dont have motobike :(

So interesting, but how can I join without 150cc bike, does anyone need a partner? :)

Quite a few clubs already operating, maybe you could join them.

Thanks Colin.
I am starting a 150cc club because the majority of other clubs are large capacity engine clubs and are by and large Vietnamese nationals only in nature.
Thanks for your input.

Yup you are right i didn't see any foreigner can own bigger cc here in vietnam :(
It a good start for 150cc

avante1624 wrote:

Yup you are right i didn't see any foreigner can own bigger cc here in vietnam :(

Many foreigners own large CC bikes here. Quite a few of my friends own large cc bikes.

Like the idea of a 150cc club :) There is a scooter club already established so it'll be nice for those of us who ride other bikes.

jimbream wrote:

This is so that all members can keep up with each other on the highway

Which "highway" are you talking about? Given the general quality of the roads in VN (not good), the heavy traffic, and the low speed limits, I would think that most any bike or scooter could keep up, regardless of engine size.

In my opinion, anything much over 80kph can be hazardous to your health, given the conditions on most roads, and my little 100cc Wave can do 80 all day. (No, I'm not lobbying for entrance into your club - I would look foolish without a proper bike.:))

Agree, anything around 80kph is asking for serious problems. Down here in Ba Ria Vung Tau there are some quite good roads, if you know where to go. I drive a lot in the countryside and always make sure Im only doing about 50-60kph, just in case one of the drunk locals decides to try and drive home.

Well fellas,with regards to me saying "keeping up with each on the highway",I was leaning towards power and performance,
not really maximum speed.
And to belong to a club with similar sized motorcycles in size and engine capacity.Kind of what belonging to a specific club is all about.
Going flat out anywhere is just begging for trouble.What with the fines if you are stopped,the old lady crossing the highway on a bicycle,the drunks.Oh and not forgetting the trucks and buses.

I have seen quite a few 1000cc bikes around.
They deserve a 100occ club,but my 150cc would not look and perform in the same way.

My bike only 110 cc, and in here i'm happy with that. Hope you can make great club..

laidbackfreak wrote:
avante1624 wrote:

Many foreigners own large CC bikes here. Quite a few of my friends own large cc bikes.

Like the idea of a 150cc club :) There is a scooter club already established so it'll be nice for those of us who ride other bikes.

Just nice i was planning to upgrade my bike soon. Anyway your foreigner friend have bigger CC bike is it legal for them to own it?

avante1624 wrote:

Just nice i was planning to upgrade my bike soon. Anyway your foreigner friend have bigger CC bike is it legal for them to own it?

All my friends who own large cc bikes 600cc+ have all the correct paperwork. Bikes are owned legally etc. Some bought direct from dealers here in HCMC others bought second hand, but still legally :)

laidbackfreak wrote:
avante1624 wrote:

All my friends who own large cc bikes 600cc+ have all the correct paperwork. Bikes are owned legally etc. Some bought direct from dealers here in HCMC others bought second hand, but still legally :)

I do went around to upgrade my license but it seem impossible for foreigner to get bigger cc license. If your friend have the contact can you pass to me? Thanks.

ok, as I am new to HCMC , I am wondering what is and who do I contact about scooter club.... in regards ro 150cc i have ascooter with A 150cc  engine is that allowed or are you mainly targeting people who are riding bigger bikes

Hey Jim,

I've just moved to Saigon from Hanoi. I had a group of friends in Hanoi who would do extensive bike trips in the north anything from day trips to 5 day long treks.

I've riden anything from a 125 Nouvo, 250 KLX dirt bike to a 500 cc Enfield. Currently, I have a 200cc CD Benly, it's a small motorcycle not meant for speed and tops out at around 90kph. I haven't  found a group here in Saigon yet so it would be nice to meet up and organizing one.

Also, I am looking for a bigger cc bike to buy, but as an viet kieu expat without a license that might be a bit hard.

Duy

Hi Skads,
I am looking more at members with bikes that are motorbikes
ie. they have a clutch,the petrol tank is in front,has footpegs and is 150cc.

Hi theho84,
The old Benley is fine.As I mentioned before,the club isn't about speed.It's a 150cc(and up)motorcycle club. You have a neat machine in the Benley and a good cruiser.No trips for 5 days.
Max over nights.
This so to keep the boss happy at work and the lady happy at home.
PM me.I reckon we ought to catch up.

[Moderated: No free ad please]

[enough advertisement]