Myanmar worker in singapore

Hello. Just wondering how much a foreign myanmar worker in singapore should get. Little or basic carpentry skill. Love to hear your feedback.

If you aren't skilled, you can not expect much. Consider lucky if you get a job. At least you will get paid and chance to learn at work. Good luck anyway.

Hi  william.tc,

Your topic was moved to the Singapore forum for to help get all information you need. Hope this help.

Regards,

David.

My roomate from Myanmar can get 1100 SGD per month for non-skilled work, she holds WP. I know other Chinese WP's also get the similar amount. And sometimes depends on work hour and what kind of job you do.

Hope this info could help.
Annie

Hi Annie. The job in question is in construction related business. Fresh or skilled low or mid. Good bonuses upon completion. Wp.

$1100, which industry is that. Is it flexible hours?

Prevailing rates of Myanmar workers (presumably skilled) is as follows however, this serves as a general yardstick only:

1. Tradesman - (carpenter, steel-bender, concretor, etc) S$22-S$24/day excluding overtime.
2. Artisan (mill work, interior wall papers, etc) - S$28-S$35
3. Foreman - S$1,800/month (overtime inclusion - negotiable)
4. Engineer - S$2,400/month (no overtime)
General worker - S$20-S$22/day excluding OT pay

The above rates differs from company to company and depends on the duration one has worked in the company.

annie_t wrote:

My roomate from Myanmar can get 1100 SGD per month for non-skilled work, she holds WP. I know other Chinese WP's also get the similar amount. And sometimes depends on work hour and what kind of job you do.

Hope this info could help.
Annie

Hi Annie_t, your room mate is probably an office administrator or  purchaser. A Myanmar QS (experienced) can earned up to S$2,800 easily. i personally know of a Myanmar site surveyor who is drawing S$2,800.

william.tc wrote:

Hi Annie. The job in question is in construction related business. Fresh or skilled low or mid. Good bonuses upon completion. Wp.

$1100, which industry is that. Is it flexible hours?

Hi william.tc, the construction industry isn't what it was back in the 70's and 80's. It is in a dog bite dog's bone era. If one is lucky, one may get a month's bonus upon successful completion of contract otherwise, employer (not all though)may even repatriate you with the flimsiest of excuses.

There is no low or mild skill expected. If you are on site, it is either you are skilled or otherwise and you are paid likewise.

Sadly, it is a big slave market in Singapore and the slave drivers are abound.

Welcome to Singapore

Singapore got not enough job at this time. Thailand is looking for maximum number for Burma workers. Even singaporean are moving to Thailand for Work.