Work Permit

Please help me to understand that i have got sponsorship and will get visa to say in Muscat. But there is no obligation for me to work with the sponsor. Can  work with some other company without changing my sponsor specifically if i work  part time.

karn kishore wrote:

Please help me to understand that i have got sponsorship and will get visa to say in Muscat. But there is no obligation for me to work with the sponsor. Can  work with some other company without changing my sponsor specifically if i work  part time.

Hi karn kishore,

What you are enquiring about is a serious matter and I have addressed this same topic in length in this forum before.

However for the sake of many, like yourself, who may not be aware of the local labour laws, I will recap once again.

No such visa as what you have mentioned exists in Oman.

You cannot hold a job on a tourist visa. If you must work, you must work full-time only. And you cannot get an Employment Visa until and unless the company that has hired you sponsors for your employment visa.

Also, you cannot work wherever you please after you receive your employment visa.

You must necessarily work only for the sponsor who has sponsored your visa. Absolutely for no one else. And that's the law of the land.

Working part-time is again an offence and is against the labour laws of the Sultanate of Oman.

If you work part-time and get caught during the frequent raids conducted by the Ministry of Manpower officials, you (and the company that hires you as well) will get heavily fined, the part-time employee will be imprisoned and after serving the prison term will duly get deported. So be warned.

Knowing the seriousness of the matter, no company will ever offer you a part-time placement. Yes, there may be many who are working part-time (like housemaids, cleaner boys, etc.,) but they are risking it all by doing what they are doing.

What you are suggesting is not a feasible option. Why don't you go through the Omani Ministry of Manpower's published Labour Laws here : http://www.manpower.gov.om/en/Law_home.asp

Good luck.

thank you