New friends?

Hey there-my name is Devin and I have been in Beijing for 8 months... just switched jobs and now have the weekends off! Bad news is all my friends are teachers at training schools and work when I am off, so looking for people who are down to see the city on the weekends. I'm game for museums, parks, temples, exhibits-and everything in between! Hoping to expand my social circle here in Beijing with open minded people wanting to explore and try new things!

Devin hi

What lovely timing!

I am preparing the first "Escape Concrete Beijing" Daytrip of 2013. It's slated for Saturday 25 May - are you in?

This is not a tourist trip but a fun day out in the countryside that includes a short hike. I'm not suggesting that you are but just in case a pregnant women is reading this post please note that this trip is not suitable for pregnant ladies. We will be clambering over some boulders and crossing streams (large puddles) using steeping stones.

Daytrip to Huang hua cheng Great Wall

Route Introduction:

The hiking route will be from Shui quan gou to the West Bai shui yu and then to Huang hua cheng Water Great Wall.

From the Canyon of Shui quan gou - Black Dragon Pool (West Bai shui yu), you will see small river valley, and the cliffs, with newly blooming flowers.

The road is not too difficult to walk but you still need to pay attention to the slippery rocks.

Itinerary:
-    Pick up at 9:00 am at Hilton hotel and take private vehicle to get to Yan qing County around 10:30 am
-    To get to Shui quan quan gou and start the hiking for around 3.5 hours
-    After a short rest and fresh up, then get to a local restaurant to have a village Chinese lunch.
-    After lunch, take a leisure walk around.
-    4 pm start to drive back to the Beijing Hilton hotel.

Cost 350RMB pre-pay or 399RSVP and pay prior to boarding the bus.