Moving to Malta

Hi everybody,

as you can see I am new here.

I consider moving to Malta for work and live(together with my husband, my 2 years old kid and a dog). I will negotiate soon my conditions, and I am wondering what would be a sufficient salary for 3 of us(I got offer 27 K) since my husband won't work at least in the beginning.
The office of the company is located in Sliema.I am wondering where will be the right place to live.We would prefer a house with the garden(but seems very diffucult to find one),somewhere quiet but not very isolated. 

Thanks

€27K translates into about €1,700/month after taxes. You can survive on that but you shouldn't expect luxuries.

If you want to live somewhere quiet, have a garden and be within easy reach of Sliema then you should consider Swieqi or maybe Msida. Both these towns have good bus connections to Sliema. Parking in Sliema is an absolute nightmare so it's best to leave your car at home if you get one.

Thanks a lot for your reply.How much should I expect to pay rent?

Hi fhayes,

Welcome to forum!

The price of the rent, will vary depending on the area you're looking for.
For example, I am paying 400€/month for a 3 bed apartment in Mellieha, north of Malta but if I was renting the same apartment around Sliema, Saint Julian or Valletta, I would probably be paying nearly the double, or at least half more. As closed as you get to those areas, the more you'll be paying.

Go to the different letting agencies websites, filter the apartments by area, and compare the different rates they charge. You can have a look on the following websites: Frank Salt, Remax, Simon Mano, Malta Lets.com, dhalia.com, maltapark.com, etc...

Good luck!

Antonio