Starting A Software Business In Sri Lanka

I am extremely interested in starting a software company in Sri Lanka.

I have used many virtual programmers from Colombo and have received excellent code and outstanding professionalism on every occassion. For the rate and quality of work, it is outstanding value.

I have been informed of the following:

a) Wages range from $500 to $1000 USD per month
b) Mid range persons from $300 upwards
c) High salaries going to Java and .NET
d) Maximum work hours 45 per week
e) 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday
f) Work extended hours as required
g) I have also been informed that software companies do not have to pay tax for software development.
h) I will have to pay 12% of employee salary to a 'trust fund'
i) Can I own 100% of the company in Sri Lanka?
j) Can I set a software company up with minimum costs?
k) Will it be easy for me to get a business visa?

If anyone can help me out and/or confirm/reject the above statements, then please do so.

Thank you in advance for your help and replies

Darren

Hi darren,
I'm also graduate in University of colombo. Specially Joomla developer and other web technologies also handle.If you like i would like to meet you.Sure i can help you to start a good software company in here.Also can get the good students from the Universty of colombo as intern or permanent workers.

Cheers

Hi Wasthu

Thanks for the positive reply.

Yes, I would really appreciate a quality programmer in Colombo.

What is the current monthly rate for a graduate?

Regards

Heloo Darren,

At the moment for fresh Graduate around 250-300US$.But every year company will increase the sallery around 60-80US$.We can find good experience guys but they will hope at least 400-550US$ i mean specially java developers with 2 years experience.I would like to share the information with you and we can talk in skype.Here is my user name xxx

cheers

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I would like to join your team..

Hi i saw ur post was posted in 2013, lot has changed since then, its easy and cost effective, u can hire graduates and programmers for less than $300 USD, sri lanka cheap labour, i work i n a sri lankan bpo who owns more than 5 bpos. income so huge it is invested in companies that dose not even exist, except in paper.