Transformer for electrical appliances?

Hi all

Well, I have finally arrived here in Mauritius (been here just over a month now), and loving it!

I was just wondering if anyone has brought any electrical appliances over from other countries (with different voltage than Mauritius) and if so, were you able to find transformers for them here?

Thanks!

Hi,
Welcome to Mauritius and  I hope to meet you soon.The appliances that I got from Dubai is working fine here.
Cheers!!
Terence

I am seeking the same information.  I will be traveling from the United States and desire to ship refridgerators, washer, dryer, televisions, lap-tops, etc. What voltage does Mauritius use?

here its 220V and in US its 110 I believe so just chk how can u use it

Hi there,
I came here with my Belgian Waffle maker that I purchased in Saudi Arabia (110 V). When I tried to find a transformer to make it work here, I looked in Espace Maison & Jardin and in Mr Bricolage and at Games but nobody was able to sell me one or to tell me where to find one.

One guy however told me "maybe in Rose Hill" but for me to go from Trou aux Biches to Rose Hill means a lot of money, not worth it.

So I finally bought a new waffle machine at Rs 640 in Games which my housmaid broke a few weeks ago and now I cannot find any waffle maker any more :(

royal.street - I'm from America and been living in Mauritius for almost 2 years. Mauritius runs off of 230v 50Hz, America is 110 60Hz. Anything with an electrical engine, refrig, dishwasher is not that simple to convert. You need to get yourself a heavy duty transformer.

http://www.220-electronics.com/Transfor … tm#Diamond Series Voltage Converter Size, Weight, Model and Prices

Cycles - 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz
North American 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60 Hz. (Cycles) Alternating Current. Most foreign 220-240 volt electricity is generated at 50 Hz. (Cycles) Alternating Current.  This cycle difference will cause analog clocks and timing circuits that use Alternating Current as a timing base to keep incorrect time. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, computers, printers, stereos, tape and CD players, VCR/DVD players, CRT, Plasma, or LCD TVs and Monitors, etc. will not be affected by the difference in cycles.

IMPORTANT: Voltage converters and transformers do not convert cycles. Most items are not effected by cycles.

Thanks for the info...much appreciated! 

pbrough, you sure know your stuff! LOL

My kitchen appliances came from Taiwan (where we were previously living), and is all 110v...Unfortunately my husbands music equipment is all 110v too! 

Laptops, cell phones, no problem - they all work fine.  Looks like we may need to make a trip to Rose Hill.

Terence - look forward to meeting you sometime too - hopefully a meet up at a kid friendly spot (since I have 4!).

Thanks again and have a great weekend!