Sending money back home...restrictions by the govt!

hi, just discovered that as per the new govts new laws, you cant send money out of the country even in egp using any services such as western union. the only currency is USD...which in turn is not available in the market, n as u know the value of EgP is falling day by day...how r u managing sending money to ur home countries.? even online transfers r not possible...whats ur take on it?

as far as I know sending money via WU is possible by chance I was in WU yesterday and it was pretty crowded by people wanting to send money. So Im pretty sure yes it is possible to send money via WU. They might have restricted the amount you can send but no LAW restrict you completely sending money back home. Same goes for Wire Transfer. Please check with your local bank there can be a restriction on the amount of $ you want to send but its not completely blocked to my knowledge

yes in dollars its ok, but what if u earn in egp n then just for sending money back home u have to especially go n buy dollars and pay more as USD is being sold in black n u end up paying extra money just to buy USD n then send it via WU.???n USD is not that easily available too...this govt has just ruined the condition of the economy

my advise:
find some Egyptian people who operate business in Pakistan, you pay Egyptian currency to his account in Egypt, and receive cash or bank transfer in Pakistan in Pakistan currency, via USD exchange rate.

I had this problem back in December. this has been an ongoing problem. the best solution is to send with a person you know who is travelling to your destination. They wouldn't even let me send money to my own account in the US. they wanted certified letters proving that I was an American. My passport wasn't good enough for them. Then they wanted a certified letter to state the exact reason for the transfer even though it was from my own account to another account that was mine. it's ridiculous and they're rude as hell about it. don't bother trying. they won't let you do it.

the new government need accumulate their revenues, especially for the foreign exchange reserve. so there's no way they let you bring away the dollar in any way, but sure you are welcome to bring in the dollar.
Since they creat the unfairness, i'm afraid you take some risky way.
1. deal with the black market.
2. hide your money well in your luggage and fly away.

Can't you have a bank account in Egypt with a visa card and then use this visa card for purchases outside of Egypt?

Yes, you can but its limited to 5000$ a month - I think it was that amount...

Caty

hi u can send.money with telgram or weastern unun also if u brove u work in egyptvlegely and u have bank acount u can also ttansfair 1000 &monthely

No they dont let u transfer ur egp from ur egp account in bank in egypt to the same bank's usd account even...the problem is sending money on monthly basis to ur home country, the govt is restricting on making usd available n its available in black, so in ordr to send money via WU u have to buy usd n then send it to ur home country too....

On top of that if u want to transfer money even online u cant do so from ur account here in egp or usd, to ur account in the bank in ur home country