Have you built poured concrete or concrete blocks ?

Hi again: We are in the process of deciding what to build on our lot in Placencia.
We want either poured concrete or concrete blocks. We were thinking of poured concrete
but the norm from what I hear is the concrete blocks. I have only been there twice for a few weeks
each time so I am relying on what I hear from  people who have been there done it, and friends we have met while there. We did look at a couple of homes while there last time. One was all poured concrete, beautiful and another with concrete below and wood house.  It too was beautiful but we have decided we want concrete because of the upkeep of the wood . It will be up on pillars to catch the breeze as well, with a large covered decks. 

There was a couple of concrete homes being built in Placencia  when we were there in March but I am not sure if they were blocks or poured. I think the one by the school on the beach was poured but  we never got to look at that one.

Have you built either poured concrete or concrete blocks? Do you have any regrets? Have you had problems? I have been in contact with a builder but they build with the concrete blocks. I have see a few photos of their work and it is beautiful.. But... do I want to build with the blocks.. Is there things I should know about it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as you have lived there, you know how things stand up, the ins and outs.. the good and the bad..  and the ugly.. 

Thank you for your responses.
Ladytrougher

Hi
Our house is currently being built  on Ambergris Caye. A concrete construction with concrete blocks which are poured with concrete with concrete beams (six blocks up in all supporting walls) and concrete columns. The bocks are then covered with three coverings of cement.

It looks very solid and although not finished (around ten weeks to go) feels cool inside.

We are happy with the way our build (and our choice of construction technique/ material) has gone so far.

http://www.abelizehomeforus.wordpress.com

Thanks..Johnhenry1925.. I have been keeping a eye on your blog.. 
Thanks again
Ladytrougher :cool: