Nairobi Expat Social - Facebook Group - UPDATE 23 Feb 2010

Hi guys

Quick message to thank you again if you've joined the facebook group 'Nairobi Expat Social'.  Since the group started on 1 Feb 2010 we have built up over 160 members, which is amazing!

Tonight 8 of us we went for supper at Furusato in Westlands, and enjoyed  great conversation, a few drinks, and wonderful tepanyaki and sushi... yumm!

I have met so many interesting people since I started this group - it is wonderful to hear what brings people to Kenya, and to make lots of new friends.

We now have weekly coffees on saturday, brunch on sunday, and drinks/supper mid week.  In the next couple of weeks we're also starting a book/supper group and heading up to naivasha for a weekend camping/hiking/boozing! If you'd be interested in coming along to any of the events, and meeting a few new faces, please get in touch - either:

1. message me via expat-blog
2. join the facebook group 'Nairobi Expat Social'
3. email [email protected]

Look forward to meeting you soon!
Vanessa

Hi f2ka07! Please post in the Kenya classifieds > personals and not in the forum.
Thank you.

Hahahahaha

That is about the 4th or 5th local guy who wants to meet an expat.

Sorry boys - this is DEFINITELY NOT a dating opportunity.  This is a network of educated internationals meeting for relaxed coffees, drinks and conversation.  You will not be invited to join us.

Hi there,

Just letting you know that there is a nice cafe owned by Canadians in downtown Nairobi on Kaunda Street Jubilee Exchange building. It is called THE MUG and aside from the good coffee and food they have there, they also offer, free internet. If you are into soccer, they also show live games. If you ever go there, just ask for Shams or one of his brothers who are all from Toronto.

Peace.

zoow

Were in 2012 now, does the group still exist?

That sounds great, I will check it out when I arrive.

zoow wrote:

Hi there,

Just letting you know that there is a nice cafe owned by Canadians in downtown Nairobi on Kaunda Street Jubilee Exchange building. It is called THE MUG and aside from the good coffee and food they have there, they also offer, free internet. If you are into soccer, they also show live games. If you ever go there, just ask for Shams or one of his brothers who are all from Toronto.

Peace.

zoow

:P I'm so happy

Yeah it is nice there :)