Internet acess

can anyone tell me how much a good internet acees runs in cairo? How much does it cost? How reliable is it? Is it highspeed? Are there media streaming restrictions? Thabk you

depends!
If you have a landline phone in the house, you could ask Vodafone for a connection, the device and installing is free, the cost is around 100 LE, below 20 $ per month, and you have internet with very good speed for all computers in the house!
If you don t have landline phone, just enjoy a device, Mobinil or Etisalat, the cost of USB is around 100LE, and 150LE per month, with 6GB included, speed has to be 3.6Mbps, after you finish, you have access, but the speed is low!
You could have a contract with them in case you have residence here, as a tourist, you could use a prepay option, that better you sail on Mediterranean Sea, than internet, so expensive it is!
In Alexandria I had a wireless connection, with an access point, signal Excellent, speed high, for only 30 LE per month!
But in Cairo, I have understood, the wireless it is very poor!

First of it will depend on the area where you live, lets say the area you will live has a land line then I would suggest to get an internet access from Tedata (all providers has to go out from their connections). So far I am using them over 2 years now and I didn't see any restriction. As my job is related to computers and internet I am using the full speed I can get without any problems. Of course sometimes there are some problems caused of bad land line cables or the ADSL Modem splitter is not working properly or the provider has some maintenance issues. Usually a blackout (if it happens) will not be for a long time.

Having internet access from Vodafone, Etisalat or Mobinil is only preferred if you don't have a land line or no other possibility because these are mobile phone companies and as valibilic mentioned their speed is not comparable against an ADSL connection.

Hope this will help you to make a decision about your internet connection.

TEData?  Let  s say it is good, better than others, excellent, but...  when it works!
What shall you do if you urgently need connection to use internet for a deal or something, and the connection is down??
You call them, and you fight with them, and almost all time the Customer Service it s a man that doesn t speak English, and you speak and argue in vain, and you pray something to be happening, and only God could help the connection to come!
HHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hate Customer Service, even they cut the phone conversation , or in the happiest case you could hear " In SheeAllah, Bucra!"
I keep my opinion, Vodafone , with landline connection, the speed very high, and.....
At least if Vodafone could give me for advertising their offers! By the way, I have an Etisalat connection, cause something is wrong with my landline!

Thank you both for the responses...I guess the take away is that there are options...thank you much

TEDATA is fast!

I recommend Etisalat USB. I have been waiting for over a year from Telecom Egypt and still do not have a landline. So was forced to get a USB. It worked out well as the speed is great. It is unlimited upload and download; However the speed reduces to 64k after I have reached 6gig each month. I can use the USB internet anywhere i go and its great. It costs 149LE a month and you get the USB device free, if you decide to pay the whole year in advance, which what i did. :-)