Getting a Drivers License in Riyadh

Gents,

I hold a British driving license and would like to get a local Saudi driving license in Riyadh..

I am new to the city. Could you pls guide me thru (maybe in detail)?

Thanks

Check out articles here:

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … cence.html

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Check out articles here:

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … cence.html

Thanks for the help.

I am planning to go down tmwr morning.
Is it must to have the letter from the Sponsor?

Also which driving school I should head towards?
I live near Royal military Hospital.

Any help is appreciated!

You have to visit Dallah drivin at King fahad road exit 4.
All texi drivers know about it, they will drive you without any problem.

You have to keep all original document along with photocopy. I  really do not remember that do they need sponser letter or not. Begore going to Dallah, why not you check in your organization.

Driving department might take your test or directly give you saudi lic.
it is your luck.

Because I have done it long before, it is a good idea if you share your experience with us.

Wish you good luck.

qamran_mushtaq wrote:

You have to keep all original document along with photocopy. I  really do not remember that do they need sponser letter or not. Begore going to Dallah, why not you check in your organization.

it is your luck.

Because I have done it long before, it is a good idea if you share your experience with us.

Wish you good luck.

There are two driving schools in that area. The one on exit-4, that's a core school. I suggest going to the old one on Takhassussi street; again: all cabbies know that Dallah. For license matters I found the latter better.

No letter required from your sponsor anymore.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
qamran_mushtaq wrote:

it is your luck.

Wish you good luck.

There are two driving schools in that area. The one on exit-4, that's a core school. I suggest going to the old one on Takhassussi street; again: all cabbies know that Dallah. For license matters I found the latter better.

No letter required from your sponsor anymore.

Thanks buddy!

qamran_mushtaq wrote:

it is your luck.

Wish you good luck.

So, I made it through.

Went to the driving school. Got the English license translated. Got the form and the file. In the Hall 2 got told to get eye sight tested. (The Takhasusi Dalla Driving School does not have facility for eye-sight testing and blood group verification as of now).

After getting the eye sight tested, blood group verified got the form and my picture stamped. Went to the next Hall for the driving test. Within 10 mins I was out of there. Waited in the queue to get my form signed again. The gentleman told me to go straight to the Hall 1 and submit my documents without further delay.

Took me about 2 hours in Hall 1 and eventually got out with the Saudi driving license. wohooo!

Great. Congrats!

The eye test used to be like: show your face and get the form stamped :) They've recently regularized it.

Now you can rent a car or buy a car.

Wish you good luck, if you need more detail you may raise your voice again.

Cheers,

qamran_mushtaq wrote:

Now you can rent a car or buy a car.

Wish you good luck, if you need more detail you may raise your voice again.

Cheers,

Certainly.

Thanks for the help!

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Great. Congrats!

The eye test used to be like: show your face and get the form stamped :) They've recently regularized it.

It wasnt much different this time. :)