Required income for Cambodia

I plan to move to Cambodia in the next year and will be living on a modest retirement of just over $2000 per month. Having no nest egg in savings will that monthly income meet requirement for income that the government sets?

"income that the government sets?" ?
There is not such a thing tthere!
2.000 $/month? Not modest :cool:
You will have a good retirement.

That's encouraging. Thanks for the response. I also love the French influence which lingers there. The Cambodians are lovely people and I hope to give volunteer time to help the community I live in. Thanks again.
Tim

Also, do you know anything a retirement visa? I want to live the rest (and I do mean rest) of my life there.
Tim

NOTHING needed.
No need to talk about retirement visa.
Take a business visa.
No justification is required and you can renew it yearly for 284 $.
It's that easy.

You just cross the border,  ask for a business visa, pay for one month 25 $, and then renew it for a year while inside the country.

timvv
Just remember you will need some sort of medical insurance cover.

Yes... for all expats, insurance is the main problem. Usually very expensive.

i am an American Expat traveling in Maldives.

you say - no retirement visa is necessary, rather a renewal of business visa will suffice...  to that extent, my questions:

1. can i request a business visa when i arrive in Cambodian airport?

2. is the medical insurance a requirement of business visa?

3. where does one renew the business visa once in country?

thanks for the info

1-Yes
2-No
3- Any good travel agency

You are welcome :D

Medical is the biggest expense, but if you're on your own, $2000 a month is plenty. You could easily put $500 or even $1000 (if you're frugal)a month aside for rainy days.

Does Cambodia require a round trip ticket or can I come into country with one way and buy exit later (if I ask for business visa)?

Reading thru these posts,I conclude, regarding the expense of medical insurance, that it is not a legal requirement for remaining in the country, business visa or whatever.  Correct?

If correct, then the advice above for medical insurance is perhaps based on "common wisdom" (thank you), but one could still stay, relying upon income or savings for unusual expenses.  Correct?

This technigue, I am guessing, is probably used by those elderly who are off-the-charts, insurance-wise.

I've been living here for 7 years. I don't have medical insurance. I just renew my business visa once a year. I don't have a business here, either. I work online. Basically, it's very easy to stay in Cambodia.

Thank you, Rob....and Dosolto, and all who contribute.

I am interested in someone's answer to this. I don't intend to return to the US once I make the move, but want to know if this might be a problem for the government there.

You are not obliged to say so.
As long as you pay you yearly visa, there is no problem for them.
But things can change anytime....
Nobody cans say what will happen in few months.... after the election of the prime minister.

We've had quite an influx of expats from Thailand and especially India since they tightened visa restrictions. The motive seems to have been to get rid of expats who don't contribute to the economy. You never know what will happen in the future. My guess is that Cambodia will wait a few years before they put a minimum income or proof of business clause in their business visa - but it's just a guess.

Take care about insurance.... Never had any... and now i spent a huge part of my own money in medics... So yes, until we use it insurance is expensive... but the day you need one it is good to have it...

Hello dear value customers
I am channy who driving tuk tuk and taxi , I am sure you will need transportation , here I am a reliable driving and helpful for my customers , I offer car rental as well , I can work around the clock, contact me at [email protected] or (855) 12775915 I always do at reasonable price thanks

Hey Channyhim... you may tell what town you are... then we can call you... It is always good to know an english speaking tuktuk driver...
You can also register on the business directory, then you will touch more people...

Dear my customer
I am in phnom penh

I am also happy helping you to set you up in phnom penh city