Wanting to move!

Hello everyone!I'm Elia and i'm from Portugal. I want to move to Gothenburg next year! I actually have a friend there that's trying to help me. I'm looking for a job and a house! I 'm movign with my two sons, one will be 17 then and the other 8! Wich means i'll also be looking for school and university!

Hello Elia. :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Gothenburg forum.

What kind of job are you looking for?

Do not hesitate to read the other threads on the Gothenburg forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Well, I've done a lot of things already! I've been a butcher for 10 years, also worked as a fish monger, been a F-16 engine mechanic in the Air Force and I've even worked on a traffic signs factory! I love the challenge of learning new things,  so I'm pretty much open to anything really! I just want to start somewhere! my main goal is to integrate fully on the Swedish society and live there for the rest of my life!

Hello Elia.

Have you tried to post an advert in the Jobs in Gothenburg section? It can be useful. :)

Wish you good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hey!

My best advice to you is to learn Swedish. Your English is quite good, but unfortunately even though most Swedes speak English it doesn't help anyone qualify for a job, unless of course your friend can help you get one somehow =)

Start off with something like Rosetta Stone, and when you get here take SFI and then SAS. Once you have finished learning the language, you will be far more qualified to get a job.

I've got experience up the wazoo, but unfortunately experience got me nowhere here, it all depends on language.

Jenna