South African In kuwait

Hi Guys !
I just arrived in Kuwait , am currently staying in a place called Salmiya . Kuwait is very different from where am coming from ,but am not gonna complain since no one forced me to be here. Instead i am gonna make the most of my stay . I do not know a lot of people here and i would like to meet up with some English/French speaking people just to spend time and hang out with.

Get back to me if you are keen to chat and meet up !

Hi There,

What's the purpose of your expat if I may ask?
And what are your first impressions of Q8?

rgds,

Takk

Hey man ! i am here on vacation ....
Kuwait is quite different from where am coming from , its much more dry than Cape Town ( Where i am from ). Its a city in construction still , but i was quite surprised by the american influence here : i have never seen so many American fast food places before ! what is the typical  hang out for expats?

food mostly "/ beach activities are also good to do, such as jet skiing and such, mostly expats hang around malls and go shopping as they are air conditioned.

it'll get dryer still, just you wait :)

welcome to Kuwait

Hi Eujean and Welcome to Kuwait :cool:

Thanks Guys !
yeah am dreading the heat in june/july !

Welcome Eujean, like your good spirit. Kind of surprised to hear you are here on vacation, how come?
And I agree, one of the first things that struck me is the level of "americanization" here. I might have invented a new word just now?

HA haha ! yeah  i know kuwait is  not a popular vacation destination i guess :D
I have a relative who works here , i  thought i'd spend some time with them...
Are they any soccer fans here ? I am an Arsenal Fc  Fan , would be nice to get together with some soccer fans and catch some premiership football games..

Welcome Eujean, wonderfull ,welcome , for slecting country like kuwait for passing vacation time ! AND also thanks for your nice interest.